Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

ULEZ windscreen stickers.

ULEZ windscreen stickers.

Postby fridayboy » Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:44 am

I tried to get a ULEZ windscreen sticker for my car recently at the Post Office in Benejuzar but was refused because they said my car is a diesel and too old under the current rules.
My car is not a diesel - it is petrol. And it s not too old under the regulations.
I understand I have to make an appointments at a Regional Traffic Centre in Elche to query the matter and take my log book ( which I will do once I am back in Spain - at home in Scotland at the moment).
Has anyone else had a similar issue ? Was the matter resolved ? What action was necessary?y
fridayboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Re: ULEZ windscreen stickers.

Postby Paul M » Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:52 pm

If you go to the DGT web page below, you can enter your Reg number and that will bring up all the details they hold for your car. You can apply online and they send the sticker to your address.

http://www.pegatinas-dgt.com
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby schuman » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:33 pm

Just a question. What happens to all the cars that don’t qualify for a badge? There must be thousands of cars that won’t be able to drive into the centre of the relevant cities. There must also be thousands of cars whose owners actually live in the centre of these cities.
My car which I bought new in July 2005….a Mercedes C Class 220CDI doesn’t qualify, but if I had bought it in January 2006 it would qualify. Nothing changed as far as I am aware in those 6 months so it seems all a bit arbitrary.
schuman

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Siesta Torrevieja

Postby marcliff » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:23 pm

D:
Last edited by marcliff on Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Paul M » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:25 pm

Yes it’s all very odd and as you say, very arbitrary. Same car with same engine possibly produced in the same week as yours but registered a few months later. No idea how this will be policed or controlled but you’ve posed a very pertinent question.

Let’s hope someone on the TQ forum can shed some light.
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo