Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Moors & Christians Gun battle

Moors & Christians Gun battle

Postby Martin the artist » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:19 pm

In the lead up to the parades, the gun battle will take place on the Malecon del Soto next Wednesday at 9pm.. (Preceded by marksmen parading from the town hall firing their guns.)
If you have been before you know that you WILL need ear plugs!
The taking of the castle is in three acts with shooting between each and shooting at the end.
Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Re: Moors & Christians Gun battle

Postby Martin the artist » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:22 pm

For those that are interested in the dialogue exchanged between the moorish leader & the Christian leader during the battle, below I have google-translated the script:-

E. Moro: Christians in sight! Good evening Christians, who are you and what have you come to in these lands of ours?
E. Christian: Good evening Moorish ambassador, we are the Christian troupes and we have come, of course, to recover what is our
E. Moro: Do you come again asking and demanding? I remind you that, had it not been for us, the town of Rojales would have been buried by the waters in those tireless storms of a couple of years ago. All my troops were throwing dirt to the speck of the river to withstand the white waters and we had the biggest camels pulling rods from the bridge. Or don't you remember?
E. Cristiano: Of course I remember, or do you think we were at home watching Netflix? We had all our warriors and fighters distributed among Heredades, Amoradí and Dolores helping the neighbours who unfortunately were left under water. We don't drop our rings and when the neighbours need us, we are there to help those who need it. Do you think that because you are so cool at the top of the castle you can be owners and lords of these lands?
E. Moro: Well, the truth is that it is well at ease up here, on top of that we have renovated the castle this last year and now we have heating, cable TV and many more things.
E. Cristiano: Moro shameless, I remind you that you are here on loan, do not settle too much because you are going to get out of here shot. These lands were ours years ago and we are going to recover them at any cost. What's more, we have not come here to see your pretty face, we have come to kick you, so prepare your troops that you will need them.
E. Moro: Hahahaha, thank you for the nice thing. I break up and break up with you because you don't stop telling jokes one after the other. This looks like a monologue from the Paramount comedy, you thought you were Ernesto Sevilla, or Commander Lara, right?
E. Cristiano: No, the truth is that I enjoy more seeing the paper house or the island of temptations, [disoriented and bulging] but!!! What are you telling me? You're turning me around, morisco cheater and I'm going to hit you with the trabuco where it hurts the most.
E. Moro: Less smoke kid than if I come down from here I will explain it to you on a good basis.
E. Cristiano: I'm wishing it. Come on, tonight we Christians are going to have a crushed kebab for dinner.
E. Moro: Insolent Christian. No more insults. You've already warmed me up. That hurt me!'s And you will find out what your words sting! Comrades! Load weapons that these cris- tianos are going to find out how we spend them.
E. Cristiano: Don't talk anymore, we were already looking forward to parties. I'm going to match your body with good. Tonight you're going to have soup for dinner, because I'm going to gnash your teeth.
E. Moro: You will regret your words. Load weapons and to the battlefield! Go for them!
E. Cristiano: Let's go Christians, tonight smells of glory!

SHOTS

2nd act E. Cristiano: I'm shitting on... I got gunpowder in my underpants, and it burns mom it burns! Who will have sent me to get into these troubles.
E. Moro: Hahahaha. That's because you're wearing it, as we go with all the gadgets hanging, we don't have anything hooked.
E. Cristiano: Don't laugh so much that this is not over, it just started. Do you remember when that virus arrived that kept us locked up for a while and forced us to wear more veneers for many months? Well, it's going to seem little to you with what I'm going to do with you.
E. Moro: Man, I do remember, and I also remember when they finally gave us freedom and we all shouted on the street: Long live, how wonderful, they finally take off our mask!
E. Cristiano: Well, they should have left it on you because since you took it off, you scare all your camels of how ugly you are.
E. Moro: The ant said to the elephant, go up, go up, I'll take you! Insolent Christian, you don't stop hitting me and you've got me angry, the apoca- lipsis is going to fall on you. And I think it has already started. The earth has been shaking, the volcanos have been throwing lava non-stop for a long time, even the bananas of the Canary Islands have turned gray, and a few months ago the sky was stained with blood for several days.
E. Cristiano: Moorish ambassador! You're scaring me. Everything that has been happening from here to back and it doesn't look very good.
E. Moro: Well, get ready because your time is coming and if the apocalypse does not end with you, I will do it myself with my own hands. We are like great magicians and we are able to change even the colour of the river or even the bridge, so that you can see how far we are able to go.
E. Cristiano: Yes man, with that you do not deceive me that I have already found out that you have a councillor out there walking with a remote control in his pocket changing the lights of the bridge every day. Nothing magic, you're ready! Where is that councillor? Which is the first one we are going to charge to remove the remote! I know! You have it in the Gasparito cisterns.
E. Moro: You are more useless than the first slice of bim-bo bread, you will never find it and you will never take control of the lights.
E. Cristiano: Hey, without insulting, that you are not left behind.
E. Moro: We? Now that we have left the streets with new and asphalted tiles. And we have put a new staircase to our castle, so that I can look out on the balcony and see how you run out when we give you a beating and leave you fine Filipinos
E. Christian: Calm down, calm down, Berber Sultan. I have already realised what you have done in the village. I came a few months ago to keep an eye on you through the markets and I didn't know where to go to cross to the other side of the river because all the streets were closed.
E. Moro: I know a naughty Christian, we had you controlled by the local guard, who were camouflaged as civilians and through the network of state-of-the-art cameras that we have installed throughout the town.
E. Cristiano: You just left me stunned. And I'm hiding and covering my face well so they wouldn't see me, it seems that you have everything well controlled.
E. Moro: Well, yes, very controlled, so you can already be leaving our town, but kicking each other in the ass, and quickly. E. Cristiano: As much as you have bothered to fix the castle and the town, that doesn't give you the right to it, so get ready because we're going to throw you out of here today. My warriors, smugglers and pirates fighters, go for them and that there is not one left standing, to destroy them!
E. Moro: Almohads, Tuareg, Benakies and Berbers! Take your weapons that we are going to explain to these Christians who is in charge in the village. Let the battle begin!

SHOOTING

3rd act - E. Christian: Please and for the virgin, but do you think this can be healthy?, I have half of the injured men. Let's see how I'm going to rule these lands with so many poor wounded men.
E. Moro: I don't know if this shooting thing pays off. So much fight and so much war, with how bad it happens - we are always all and the destruction we do.
All in all, at the end of the battle here we were all maulla- two and with the people destroyed.
E. Cristiano: Well, for that pair - I think you're even going to be right, always fighting for lands that are neither yours, nor mine, they are of all those who live in them, right? We are going to have to think about something else. What do you think if I approach and talk to reach an agreement without more wars?
E. Moro: Wait for a Christian moment, I still don't trust you much. Stay where you are right now. I would like to reach an agreement, but I have been told that you are taking a group of pirates who are always doing their own thing and looting everything they catch, so trusting me a lot I don't trust.
E. Cristiano: Man, if we get like this, I don't trust your benakies either, who always carry the sword high and are handing out machete to the minimum they hear party.
E. Moro: Ok, I'm going to do my part: Benakies, Almohads, Berbers and Tuareg, put down the weapons that we are going to dialogue with Christians to see what they offer us, that we are tired of so much war and so much nonsense!
E. Cristiano: We totally agree. Pirates, Smugglers and Warriors of the Cid, rest weapons that we are going to reach an agreement sooner than we think without having to take any more shots!
E. Moro: Well, I had thought it would be nice to be able to govern together and enjoy this fantastic village together that we have, but that of no more shot... we don't know why it will be, but that of doing rui- do and hitting shots has always pleased us, I would propose one thing before removing the weapons. E. Cristiano: We agree that it would be good to be able to govern these lands together, but you scare me, what do you want to propose? Look, every time you think the price of gasoline goes up! Our fellow pira- tas already spend more time on land than at sea because of how expensive diesel has become.
E. Moro: But what are you complaining about, if we have had to buy electric camels because our oil wells are drying up. And the price of electricity is worse than ever. It seems to me that our governments are cornering us on both sides.
E. Cristiano: Look where we agree. Yes, it is true that I have seen that in the village there are a couple of electric waterers for camels, very new to be honest. What is it that you were going to propose to me?
E. Moro: Well, as I said, I propose you to raise our weapons and throw gunpowder as if there were no tomorrow. Together, in the same sense and with the same idea, give everything for respect and to bring peace to our people.
E. Christian: Don't say more! Wise words that dream of glory. Load weapons my Christians and point to the infinite sky because we are going to unload tensions without doing any damage again and we will finally get some good friends and allies for the rest of our days.
E. Moro: Cristiano! I am euphoric and full of happiness, let's throw our gunpowder into the air!, which are predicted to be good times after the years of drought and disease that we have gone through. Together we will be very big.
E. Cristiano: Moorish friend! If it's okay with you and as a tribute to all those who have left us during these last years, we are going to make the biggest of the rumble with all our cannons!
E. Moro: The same goes for my Moriscos, carrying weapons that we are going to illuminate the sky.
E. Moro and E. Christian: Of course, long live Rojales, long live Saint Peter and long live the festivals of the Moors and Christians!

End

Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Graham_Lynn » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:31 pm

Many thanks for that translation Martin. It will be so useful to be able to actually follow and understand what is happening.

Lynn
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby amurny » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:56 pm

Thanks for keeping us in the loop Martin.
amurny

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada