Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Feeding of feral cats

Re: Feeding of feral cats

Postby elchedave » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:50 am

nnejy wrote:If you get rid of feral cats you will soon be overrun with cockroaches and rats. Personally, I think you are better off with cats.

Please bear in mind, cats (and all other creatures) have as much right to roam this earth as we do. Just because a cat sh*ts in your garden, it doesn't give you the right to think like, or act like God. Sorry if I offend but the way I see it is that too few human beings have any real compassion when it comes to animals.

I never mentioned getting rid of feral cats, i am & always have been an animal lover. What i am objecting to is someone, probably from another area, turning up & tipping large handfuls of dry food all around the streets, as i already said, it is unsightly & unhealthy. If anyone is acting & sounding like God i'm afraid it's you, especially as you don't appear to have read or understood my original post correctly.
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby elchedave » Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:55 am

Gustav wrote:On the positive side If,If there's feral cats about
You won't have any vermin,
If you do find out who it is why not ask them not to throw it,
But to place it in a container in a quite place for the cats,
Then both parties are happy and so are the cats,

That is precisely what i aim to do, i was enquiring as to the law on feeding feral cats in case the perpetrator chooses to ignore my request or become abusive to me.
There is an area very close by where the cats could be fed without anyone seeing the food but it would appear it is too much trouble for the person/s to walk those few extra steps. I also agree with the vet who Chrisdee quoted as saying these feral cats should not be fed & nature be allowed to take it's own course.
elchedave

Postby elchedave » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:11 am

Thank you for your replies, especially Chrisdee who actually answered my original question regarding the law on feeding feral cats.
Regards,
Dave.
elchedave

Postby Martin the artist » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:10 am

Cats should be sterilised to prevent being overrun by them as this diagram shows:-
342812034_258360749961300_944834876279409462_n.jpg

There is a voluntary organisation in Rojales which will help trap, sterilise and return the cats so that they can be an asset to the community as well as helping with the feeding licence.

If you are a person who feeds cats in this municipality, we help you to have the official card of cat feeder, we also help you to sterilize the cats of your street and your neighborhood.
The more people we are, the better served they will be, these little cats, who are treated so unfairly.
Take the step, and join the CES of Rojales.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064513610459
Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Angelaandstuart » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:12 am

I’d wait for four years, then you could charge tourists many euros to come and see 20,000 plus cats!
Angelaandstuart

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Finca Golf

Postby kingscliff » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:54 am

I love the way these Feeds go off piste. The original post was regarding the placing of food for feral cats and if there were any local council rules forbidding this as it was being chucked around peoples property. Then it moves onto to someone going on about animals have the right to exist totally ignoring the original question because no doubt this is a pet subject of theirs. The most sensible answer so far is asking the person to put the food in little containers which is what people do in my area of Mar Azul.
Be interesting to see which direction this post goes off on next.
kingscliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby elchedave » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:23 am

kingscliff wrote:I love the way these Feeds go off piste. The original post was regarding the placing of food for feral cats and if there were any local council rules forbidding this as it was being chucked around peoples property. Then it moves onto to someone going on about animals have the right to exist totally ignoring the original question because no doubt this is a pet subject of theirs. The most sensible answer so far is asking the person to put the food in little containers which is what people do in my area of Mar Azul.
Be interesting to see which direction this post goes off on next.

elchedave

Postby Yan » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:34 am

It’s all down to BREXIT.
Yan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Bee » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:43 am

It would be good if you were able to get the Council to trap, sterilise and return the cats and then a proper feeding regime of dry food and water could be introduced. I expect each Council has its own bye laws on the feeding. You need to "trap" the person causing the feeding problem. They are probably doing it out of goodness but don't realise they are causing a problem.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Martin the artist » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:03 pm

Bee wrote:It would be good if you were able to get the Council to trap, sterilise and return the cats and then a proper feeding regime of dry food and water could be introduced. I expect each Council has its own bye laws on the feeding. You need to "trap" the person causing the feeding problem. They are probably doing it out of goodness but don't realise they are causing a problem.

Bee
That's exactly what CES de Rojales do!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064513610459
Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

PreviousNext