Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Feeding of feral cats

Re: Feeding of feral cats

Postby Martin the artist » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:05 pm

Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Bee » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:26 pm

Thanks Martin. I can't read Facebook links as I don't subscribe. Hopefully the OP will be able to make contact and the Council will take it from there. They have signs that they might erect in the area. At least with the neutering programme you don't have the terrible catawauling in breeding season.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby elchedave » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:55 pm

Bee wrote:Thanks Martin. I can't read Facebook links as I don't subscribe. Hopefully the OP will be able to make contact and the Council will take it from there. They have signs that they might erect in the area. At least with the neutering programme you don't have the terrible catawauling in breeding season.

Bee

Yes thanks Martin. Bee i will most certainly speak with the Guardamar Ayuntamiento to see if they have a neutering programme. Maybe they can also tell me who the person is, that is if they are a registered person & i will look into getting signs erected in the area.
Once again thanks all for your (mostly) helpful replies.
Regards,
Dave.
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Mickey Braw » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:58 pm

The more you feed, the more they breed. That’s what the police told me when they caught me feeding the cats on the breakwater in Guardamar, some years ago.
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby John Mugglestone » Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:03 am

Ok the feral cats may keep down some vermin but they also kill song birds and the Greco that kill mozzies, take your pick.
John Mugglestone

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cuidad Quesada

Postby David Stokes » Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:20 am

Yesterday a kitchen was sitting on our wall with a neighbour, and our dog got hold of it and the mother cat came along to help it's young one. I had a hell of a job to get hold of and protect the dog in a difficult place to get at. The cats meant business and I was scared they would scratch the dogs eyes, possibly blinding her.

Cats wandering around the roads and coming into gardens are a menace to dog owners. You dare not let your dog sniff in bushes along the road in case a cat is lurking.

Feeding feral cats is illegal, and rightly so. Why can cat owners let their cats roam anywhere without sanction. If I let my dog roam the roads I would be fined €200 a time, and the same if she were not chipped. Why do we have to put up with roaming cats un-chipped cats where there is no sanction?

I emphasise, I am an animal lover, I would not hurt any animal, including cats, but I want them controlled. To balance this I should add that similarly, I get very annoyed when I see people in the El Recorral park with dogs not on leads, and the same along the roads.
David Stokes

Postby elchedave » Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:07 pm

David Stokes wrote:Yesterday a kitchen was sitting on our wall with a neighbour, and our dog got hold of it and the mother cat came along to help it's young one. I had a hell of a job to get hold of and protect the dog in a difficult place to get at. The cats meant business and I was scared they would scratch the dogs eyes, possibly blinding her.

Cats wandering around the roads and coming into gardens are a menace to dog owners. You dare not let your dog sniff in bushes along the road in case a cat is lurking.

Feeding feral cats is illegal, and rightly so. Why can cat owners let their cats roam anywhere without sanction. If I let my dog roam the roads I would be fined €200 a time, and the same if she were not chipped. Why do we have to put up with roaming cats un-chipped cats where there is no sanction?

I emphasise, I am an animal lover, I would not hurt any animal, including cats, but I want them controlled. To balance this I should add that similarly, I get very annoyed when I see people in the El Recorral park with dogs not on leads, and the same along the roads.

elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby SWT » Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:11 pm

David Stokes wrote:Yesterday a kitchen was sitting on our wall with a neighbour, and our dog got hold of it and the mother cat came along to help it's young one. I had a hell of a job to get hold of and protect the dog in a difficult place to get at. The cats meant business and I was scared they would scratch the dogs eyes, possibly blinding her.

Christ you must be very posh if you've got a kitchen sitting on your garden wall :text-lol:
SWT

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Gustav » Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:17 pm

Its not illegal to feed feral cats, only illegal in public places, unless you have a licence, not within your own land boundary or any others if they agree
Gustav

Postby Gustav » Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:19 pm

Why did you let your dog get hold of the kitten, is it a vicous dog?
Prehaps people should control there dogs!
Gustav

PreviousNext