Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

La Marquesa

La Marquesa

Postby Megz_24x » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:23 pm

I’ve been coming to la marquesa since 2000. I’m trying to recall what restaurants/bars/banks/estate agents have been on the front strip from where bull Flanagan to Sabadell banks was. Anyone remember any and the location of where it would be now?
Megz_24x

Re: La Marquesa

Postby Paul Uden » Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:25 pm

I think it was CAM Bank (maybe Sabadell later) on the end. After that it became Punjabi Palace which is now where Bull Flanagans used to be. Now Ramë upstairs and the golf shop down. Next to CAM was the Quesada Laundry at one stage, now moved up to the Benimar area. La Unica has been several things, I can remember a bar called North and South and also a Belgian bar. Ali Babas was previously a Chinese Wok. Shenanigans and El Pirata have been there throughout. The Fairways cafe bar was originally a Belgian chocolate shop and has since been a chip shop and a bakers and something else I forget. Then there was White Villas estate agent on the corner. What is now Bunkers was previously La Marquesa takeaway and also briefly a vets and even a dentist I think. Sabores has only ever been Sabores. I may have forgotten something.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Megz_24x » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:20 pm

Thankyou! Im also trying to recall an American food restaurant that served potato wedges around mid 2000s where Ali baba is
Megz_24x

Postby Paul Uden » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:36 pm

Don't think it was there. You might be thinking of North and South (now La Unica) next door to where Ali Baba is now. They used to do steaks and burgers etc so probably did wedges. It had American diner style decor too if I recall.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Re: La Marquesa ETC.

Postby DuFay » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:34 am

FURTHER TO THE COMMENTS ABOVE it can be nice to look back on some old properties but if you go online to find bars or restaurants etc quite often there years out of date which means there likely to be losing trade if no one can find them as they think theyve gone, Also the ones that are still around dont always have all there details on the site such as a menu or choice of Menu for day & night & a lot dont have up to date phone numbers or Email addresses & yes we no some are very busy & struggling to get reliable staff to keep there customers happy so dont have time to answer all calls if there busy but thats why an Email or Private message is left sitting there for you to see. So come on Management or premises it does not take long to update or remove your details or let customers know where you are or where youve moved to? This is for online & Maps?
DuFay

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Neradd » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:06 pm

Megz_24x wrote:Thankyou! Im also trying to recall an American food restaurant that served potato wedges around mid 2000s where Ali baba is

Before Quesada Laundry, It was the Estate Agent, theywere only there 2 years Max. Before that It was jennings shop.
And you are Quite right, The Anerican Bar was there before North and South. It was North and South who extended the terrace out to what it is now at La Unica
Neradd

Which part of Spain are you from?: Marquesa