Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Butano problem

Butano problem

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:41 pm

Was cooking when the gas ran out. Went and changed both bottles (connection is 2 bottles, when one runs out it goes to the next bottle,) connected the two new ones and now can't get cooker or boiler to fire up. We tried 2 more new bottles of had still the same,foesnty seem like the gas is getting through but it was fine before I changed bottles. I clicked the little black switches on the regulators to on and they are fixed on tightly, any ideas what I can do before I call an engineer. Thank you Chris
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: Butano problem

Postby Babsfarrand » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:01 pm

This happened with my new gas fire - new gas bottle wouldn’t light ! Was advised to let some pressure/gas out of the bottle. Apparently the new bottle was filled too full? All I know is afterwards fire lit fine, must be worth a try.
Babsfarrand

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:04 pm

Thank you

Babsfarrand wrote:This happened with my new gas fire - new gas bottle wouldn’t light ! Was advised to let some pressure/gas out of the bottle. Apparently the new bottle was filled too full? All I know is afterwards fire lit fine, must be worth a try.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Pete31 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:26 am

Chrisdee wrote:Was cooking when the gas ran out. Went and changed both bottles (connection is 2 bottles, when one runs out it goes to the next bottle,) connected the two new ones and now can't get cooker or boiler to fire up. We tried 2 more new bottles of had still the same,foesnty seem like the gas is getting through but it was fine before I changed bottles. I clicked the little black switches on the regulators to on and they are fixed on tightly, any ideas what I can do before I call an engineer. Thank you Chris

Hi Chris I had the same problem if you release the gas from the bottle with a pointed bit of metal if don’t work first time do it again. This is because it’s to fill.

Hope this helps. Pete
Pete31

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entra Naranjos