Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Aircon

Re: Aircon

Postby Mac3blade » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:32 am

It’s just occurred to me that you could set the time clock on the remote controls yourself. Most people don’t bother. You could make certain that it’s switched off from 11am to 5pm everyday. You could inform your guests so that they won’t override it. I genuinely can’t understand why people would be so wasteful particularly in today’s world. I’d also tell them not to run the aircon unless in the house and actually benefitting from it. Keep a note of the renters who abuse it and don’t have them back.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Gustav » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:39 am

:text-goodpost:
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby TonTri » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:30 am

When I was renting my apartment a couple of years ago I had an Ecosense monitor fitted. You set it for a time to lapse when there's been no movement in the room and switches the aircon off. So you could set it for half an hour and then it would switch off.
The guy who fitted mine is now unfortunately dead but Steve Birkett knows about them.
TonTri

Postby BNT162b2 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:20 am

Mac3blade wrote:It’s just occurred to me that you could set the time clock on the remote controls yourself. Most people don’t bother. You could make certain that it’s switched off from 11am to 5pm everyday. You could inform your guests so that they won’t override it. I genuinely can’t understand why people would be so wasteful particularly in today’s world. I’d also tell them not to run the aircon unless in the house and actually benefitting from it. Keep a note of the renters who abuse it and don’t have them back.

Lol.

"Thank you for renting my house. Enjoy your stay - but if you're hot between 11am and 5pm, please do not use the aircon, and instead, suffer, because I really don't want to pay the extra 90c.".
BNT162b2

Postby millies123 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:47 am

Thanks for all your reply, I want people to be comfortable i just hate waste, especially when people are out all day at the beach and leave it on, its just waste
millies123

Which part of Spain are you from?: la Zenia

Postby drhman » Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:54 am

One way to monitor your ac would be to fit a Wi-Fi module so that you can monitor and control the ac if the ac is suitable. I fitted one for 20 euros. I know many visitors have the ac full on at minimum temp which can be very expensive. I can control the ac and monitor bedroom temp - and I do this for their comfort in addition to the cost implication. However I do this when guests (often) stay with me - not in a rental so the situation is different.
drhman

Postby jpeg » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:10 pm

jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Previous