Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Electric boiler

Electric boiler

Postby Mel » Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:50 pm

Is it easy to change a gas boiler to an electric one? Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost? And does Spain have a safety body like Corgi???? Think it’s called that
Thanks for reading
Mel

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Electric boiler

Postby pedrosloggett » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:55 am

Apart from some simple plumbing alterations to the inlet and supply pipes it should be straight forward assuming you have sufficient space for the boiler. Not certain about the electric socket requirements but most have a dedicated one. If the boiler already has this it may be O.K. I would not think you need any special qualifications to remove a gas boiler, only to install it. Cost would depend on boiler size and make etc.
pedrosloggett

Postby Darro » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:22 am

If it's a town gas boiler then you absolutely cannot remove it yourself and will need a qualified professional to do it for you and properly isolate the supply line.

I'm not aware of any equivalent to Corgi but there are legally qualified and registered gas engineers and it's one of those you would need.

In Spain electric boilers are generally only around 1.5 kW so assuming your house wiring is in good order they can safely be plugged into any available socket.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Paul Stotesbury » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:38 pm

I would be interested in this too. Having invested a considerable amount of euros on solar power, I would like to replace my gas boiler which heats my hot water as well as my central heating radiators.
Does anyone know a plumber/central heating engineer that would be able to advise/instal and replace said gas boiler for an electric one?
Thanks, Paul.
Paul Stotesbury

Postby steve2577 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:37 pm

I’m actually thinking about ditching my electric boiler and installing a small gas boiler for hot water only I’ve worked out it will save me about €600 a year and cost about €400 to buy and install and maybe €100 a year in 4 gas bottles.

I am curious why somebody would ditch Gas to go for electric am I missing something
steve2577

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:59 pm

Last edited by Chrisdee on Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisdee

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:01 pm

I would suggest these people in Los Montesinos:-

ALCARAZ E HIJOS, S.L. Teléfono:
966 72 16 00

See if they can help, they work with boilers and gas

Paul Stotesbury wrote:Does anyone know a plumber/central heating engineer that would be able to advise/instal and replace said gas boiler for an electric one?
Thanks, Paul.
Chrisdee