Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Dispute with Painter - how to resolve it?

Re: Dispute with Painter - how to resolve it?

Postby Adey » Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:44 pm

Is Freshlook part of Quesada colors S.L ?

This link tends to give the opinion that it is.

https://www.facebook.com/paintsspain/
Adey

Which part of Spain are you from?: Jacarilla

Postby RJC » Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:17 pm

Interesting!
RJC

Postby Mac3blade » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:28 am

So sorry to hear of your disappointing experience. I’d be devastated and very annoyed so understand how you are feeling.
Reading the advert for the painting contractor and all the recommendations , Im shocked that he would be so foolish as to have overcharged you and provided an inferior service. This forum has put Quesada Paint on the map and over the years people have continually raved about the wonderful service provided by the owner. If your rogue painter is connected with it, I’d say his credibility has just gone down the pan.
You trusted this firm to paint your house while you weren’t in residence and they let you down. Appalling and a disgrace. To then overcharge you is downright dishonest and yet again, you say the job wasn’t completed properly.
I’d certainly be contacting my solicitor and demanding recompense and more.
Good luck.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Volcano » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:44 am

I have heard it say, that people climb aboard a plane in Luton without a qualification to their name, they climb off that same plane 2 hours 50 minutes later fully qualified brain surgeons.

So 1: have you got property insurance, if so take the following action, take photos of all the work, print copies of all your correspondence, copy your payment receipts to his bank and any receipt he gave you, go to the police and report it as fraud, you can if you wish tell the painter this is what you are doing.
The police will give you a crime number, claim from your insurance, they will contract painters to rectify the job, unless you are in a urbanisation in which case you need the agreement if your president and committee.
2. If you have no insurance, do everything except claiming on you insurance, the police will want to speak to your painter as will the tax office to make sure VAT has been paid.
3, take a civil case through a solicitor once you have gained a crime number.

The more people who report shoddy workers and demand a better service, the more unqualified brain surgeons will be sent packing.
Volcano

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:49 am

If you've got proper official receipts with the company name etc on it you may be better off to get somewhere with suing them or whatever you do with this type of thing. If youve no proper receipt showing IVA suppose it could be said you're as bad as them don't really know. There's was an office in Torrevieja which was at the side of the indoor market that maybe able to help you with advice.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby RJC » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:13 am

Correspondence was by email and WhatsApp.
No company headed paperwork or receipts received.
Main payment by bank transfer.
RJC

Postby Gustav » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:39 am

Did the bank transfer have a reference? For transferring the funds.
Gustav

Postby Adey » Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:22 am

RJC wrote:Correspondence was by email and WhatsApp.
No company headed paperwork or receipts received.
Main payment by bank transfer.

The bank transfer carries with it a paper trail.

Emails and WhatsApp's are classed as legal communications, hence they are submittable in a court of law.

So as far as proof is concerned, you have all you need.
Adey

Which part of Spain are you from?: Jacarilla

Postby Volcano » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:01 pm

If you have not been given a receipt, even if you paid cash, you can not be held responsible for the non payment of IVA, it is the IVA holders responsibility to pay IVA paid to them. If they fiddle their tax records it is they who will face prosecution, if the contractor said to you it’s 500 Euro plus IVA or 550 with no IVA, they and not you are still responsible. You are the payee, as such the recipient of those funds is responsible for the payment of their taxes not you. You simply declare you paid the money asked for the job and expected the supplier to sort out their own tax obligations.
Volcano

Postby RJC » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:01 pm

I am sure many others will find the guidance / comments on this thread most useful. Thanks
RJC

PreviousNext