Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Vauxhall Astra

Re: Vauxhall Astra

Postby cdavey » Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:19 pm

Darro wrote:If you're dead lucky it could turn out to be no more than an electrical connection come loose!

Exactly what happened to me once some years back, and I was towing a caravan!

I’m never that lucky. More likely to be “sorry sir, the warranty expired yesterday”
cdavey

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby jpeg » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:09 pm

you can get a secondhand turbo at the scrapyard near the ITV centre at San Bartolome guaranteed and tested
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Lockey57 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:23 pm

If my Turbo had gone after 2 years warranty or no warranty I would be having words with Vauxhall!!!
Lockey57

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby cdavey » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:26 pm

Lockey57 wrote:If my Turbo had gone after 2 years warranty or no warranty I would be having words with Vauxhall!!!

Don’t worry - she who shall be obeyed is already gearing up and we don’t even know what is wrong yet
cdavey

Postby cdavey » Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:23 am

Hi All

I will wrap this post up now! Thanks to all contributors - you really are a knowledgeable lot. I took the car in to Rafa’s, a fantastic garage in Benijofer this morning. 30 minutes and €25 later the car is sorted (hope I don’t jinx it). There was a small fault in the turbo which he cleared and everything seems to be back to normal, touch wood.
cdavey

Previous

Return to Driving to Spain / Car hire in Spain / Buying & owning a car in Spain / Licences & Documents / ITV testing/Transporting items to Spain