Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

New Estate Agent Regulations

New Estate Agent Regulations

Postby Paul Uden » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:31 pm

Some interesting information here about new regulations for estate agents in our Community with compliance required from August 2023: https://blog.abacoadvisers.com/estate-a ... gulations/
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Re: New Estate Agent Regulations

Postby Terry the gardener » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:54 pm

Sounds OK on paper ..
But think this tells you there don't have a trained person in every branch..
So will be pot luck if that person is dealing with your sale or purchase...
Terry the gardener

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Paul Uden » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:55 pm

I think that is true of many professions, solicitors, accountants etc. Not everyone is qualified to the same level, but there is a fully qualified professional legally responsible and accountable for supervising others in the practice (or group). In the case of estate agents in Spain this is much better than the current situation where practically anyone can set themselves up. In future, buyers and sellers will at least have some reassurance that an agency is registered with a recognised professional body. It will be interesting to see how many of the independent British agents manage to achieve that if they don't have the necessary language skills.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Queeny » Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:31 am

It's about time, when we were first looking for a place we were met at petrol stations, throughout the day(s) of viewing quite obviously stopping at cafes' and practically force fed alcohol with a look of horror when we settled for coffee. Asking for a 3000e holding fee and being shown houses which needed a full renovation in the first place then "the perfect house" fully finished and more than we wanted to spend would appear thankfully it gave us a good laugh some free coffee/food and then we bought privately. This is just my opinion but everyone should be encouraged to ask for this
"Civil liability insurance will cover damages caused to clients due to error or professional negligence. As a client you can ask to be provided with the policy number and the name of the insurance company."
also ask who is the "professional" and make sure you have an independent solicitor.
Many people who are buying are in a vulnerable place the system here is difficult enough it is great that enforceable rules are coming into play.
Queeny

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby bertie and gerty » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:21 am

About time we ended up doing all the work for them, when we sold absolutely useless especially for the money they charge, they certainly don't work on the interest of the seller who are paying them for the privilege for being useless
bertie and gerty

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral