Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Flights

Flights

Postby AntonyTolson49 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:56 pm

Hi , we are coming over to Quesada end of September is it cheaper to book, flights back to UK in Spain or just get a return on initial booking . Thanks in advance
AntonyTolson49

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Re: Flights

Postby HarvHar2018 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:56 pm

It depends if your over for an extended stay then you can search and pick out some bargains for a return flight, if your on a fixed visit then its best to lock in the best price
Keep your face always towards the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you
HarvHar2018

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Mac3blade » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:17 pm

There are so few cheap flights. Always book early With EasyJet you can hold off paying for the extras eg seats, hold or cabin luggage and use the Manage my booking closer to the time. It doesn’t save you money but it’s less to hand out months ahead.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby ryanpd » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:45 pm

If flexible withdates you can use sites like skyscanner and filter on cheapest flights and get alerts for when lower prices come up
ryanpd

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby SWT » Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:05 pm

AntonyTolson49 wrote:Hi , we are coming over to Quesada end of September is it cheaper to book, flights back to UK in Spain or just get a return on initial booking . Thanks in advance

Contact the airlines or search the websites rather than asking on sites that won't give you true information?
SWT

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Mac3blade » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:31 am

I was always led to believe that contacting low cost airlines was more expensive to book with than online. I rarely use any of the comparison sites but would be interested to know why you advocate not to. I’ve used Skyscanner which seemed very good and saves you having to search and search and keep notes of times, dates and prices. Living in (NI) we don’t really have an enormous choice so we almost always travel with EasyJet but others have the choice of flying out of 2/3 different airports.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Diane daya vieja » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:49 pm

I use skyscanner to give me an idea but then go to the airline site to book, never through the agent.
It gives you more protection if there’s a problem with a flight
Diane daya vieja

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby Paul58 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:20 pm

AntonyTolson49 wrote:Hi , we are coming over to Quesada end of September is it cheaper to book, flights back to UK in Spain or just get a return on initial booking . Thanks in advance

If your coming over for a long period (a couple of months) and are flexible with your return dates/times you can save a few euros by booking around 1 month before your return. Otherwise lock in the price on your initial booking for the best flight times. We've stopped trying to save a couple of euros and now pick the best times on the cheapest day (usually Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday).

P.S Ryanair are not always the cheapest. It might seem so from the headline fare but if you want seats, baggage or a drink/food on board the likes of Easyjet are better.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Citreon2cv » Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:26 pm

I used to Tavel back to us for work 6 weeks at a time I always booked one ways… I found that cheaper… with easyJet..
Citreon2cv

Which part of Spain are you from?: La siesta

Postby Bee » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:22 pm

I have often looked at one way flights back from Spain when I am booking flights from Ireland with Ryanair and they are always cheaper one way back from Spain. Most people would book a return flight because they are tied to a particular return date for accommodation or work or whatever. If you own your own place and are flexible with dates then you have the best of both worlds.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja