Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Easyjet compensation for cancelled flught

Easyjet compensation for cancelled flught

Postby Sylwina » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:31 pm

Anyone who was booked on cancelled flight 2725 departing at 1945, Bristol to Alicante on 20 June and has not made a claim for compensation do so now! Had a message from Easyjet confirming flight was cancelled for technical reasons and we will receive £220 per passenger in compensation within 7 days.
Sylwina

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Easyjet compensation for cancelled flught

Postby Darro » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:21 am

Sylwina wrote:Anyone who was booked on cancelled flight 2725 departing at 1945, Bristol to Alicante on 20 June and has not made a claim for compensation do so now! Had a message from Easyjet confirming flight was cancelled for technical reasons and we will receive £220 per passenger in compensation within 7 days.
Good luck on the 7 days!

I know that's what they say on their site but I wonder how closely it's reflected in reality?

Do keep us posted.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Sylwina » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:39 am

Darro wrote:
Sylwina wrote:Anyone who was booked on cancelled flight 2725 departing at 1945, Bristol to Alicante on 20 June and has not made a claim for compensation do so now! Had a message from Easyjet confirming flight was cancelled for technical reasons and we will receive £220 per passenger in compensation within 7 days.
Good luck on the 7 days!

I know that's what they say on their site but I wonder how closely it's reflected in reality?

Do keep us posted.

Seven days was in the email to me confirming the compensation. For me ‘when’ is not the main issue. The fact that they will pay out is!
Sylwina

Postby Graham_Lynn » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:58 am

We’ve had compensation from Ryanair and they’ve paid out within 7 days and we all know how much bad press Ryanair get. If I remember rightly our delayed flight was very late Monday night, claimed Tuesday, money in bank Friday.

Unlucky though that the Bristol Alicante route falls into the lower price bracket for compensation if your flight had been Bristol to Murcia you would have been entitled to £400.
Lynn
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Sylwina » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:31 am

Graham_Lynn wrote:We’ve had compensation from Ryanair and they’ve paid out within 7 days and we all know how much bad press Ryanair get. If I remember rightly our delayed flight was very late Monday night, claimed Tuesday, money in bank Friday.

Unlucky though that the Bristol Alicante route falls into the lower price bracket for compensation if your flight had been Bristol to Murcia you would have been entitled to £400.
Lynn

Yes, it just falls short of 3000 miles (or is it Kilometres). On the plus side I was able to claim my expenses and chose better (more expensive and convenient ) flights on both legs of the trip as well as the compensation so I can’t moan.
Sylwina

Postby Sylwina » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:17 am

Darro wrote:
Good luck on the 7 days!

Do keep us posted.

Yes, Easyjet paid the money into my account on 5 July.
Sylwina