Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Possible ID fraud

Possible ID fraud

Postby Brewingdog » Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:48 pm

Hi, I've just received a picture on my WhatsApp of my NIE document. The sender is not known to me and there was no message attached. Has this happen to anyone else. I'm concerned they had my phone number and a copy of the document.
Brewingdog

Which part of Spain are you from?: Salford

Re: Possible ID fraud

Postby Adey » Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:02 pm

Google the phone number and see what turns up.
Adey

Which part of Spain are you from?: Jacarilla

Postby Brewingdog » Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:05 pm

Yeah, I tried that. The number generated no information. It's a worry. I've blocked the number now.
Brewingdog

Postby Paul M » Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:10 pm

I can understand your concern about them having your number but your NIE is probably the least private thing you have in Spain! I am shocked at how many people ‘require’ you to provide this, even when you are paying a garage repair bill etc;. Why on earth would they need your NIE when you buy two tyres?

I went to the dental hygienist last week and they asked for my NIE before I went in for my appointment. You might as well walk around with it stamped on your forehead
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Brewingdog » Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:13 pm

You've put my mind at ease. I didn't think of it that way. Of course I've had to provide it numerous times. Thanks for replying.
Brewingdog

Postby suzi wong » Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:22 pm

Paul M wrote:I can understand your concern about them having your number but your NIE is probably the least private thing you have in Spain! I am shocked at how many people ‘require’ you to provide this, even when you are paying a garage repair bill etc;. Why on earth would they need your NIE when you buy two tyres?

I went to the dental hygienist last week and they asked for my NIE before I went in for my appointment. You might as well walk around with it stamped on your forehead

Couldn’t agree more,been asked for NIE to buy a tv,fridge freezer & washing m/c, what’s the point?
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Return to Quesada general discussion