Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Spain Lifts Last Face Masks Restrictions

Spain Lifts Last Face Masks Restrictions

Postby The Eagle » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:25 am

The Spanish Government yesterday approved the ending of the last Covid face mask restrictions, meaning people no longer have to wear masks in health setting including pharmacies - just needs to be officially published in the BOE which may come as soon as today.

"The Cabinet approval is the definitive step after the Ministry of Health and the regions decided to put an end to this restriction in the Interterritorial Council meeting on 23 June, following the publication of the last report prepared by the experts from the Centre for Coordination of Health Alerts and Emergencies (CCAES), headed by Fernando Simón, on the situation of the pandemic in Spain.
Hospitals, healthcare centres, nursing homes (for workers and visitors) and pharmacies were the only spaces in which the use of the mask continued to be mandatory. On 8 February, this protection measure was abolished on public transport, where it had been established on 4 May, 2020, during the first wave of the pandemic."
The Eagle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: Spain Lifts Last Face Masks Restrictions

Postby Bee » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:12 pm

It is great to see the ending of all the regulations surrounding Covid and the return to normality. Spain is a good bit behind other European countries in lifting these restrictions. The EU has also notifed the ending of the Covid Cert Regulation since 1st July. The Covid Cert App will no longer be available in Ireland from August so I expect other European countries are advising similarly.

Bee
Bee

Re: Spain Lifts Last Face Masks Restrictions

Postby The Eagle » Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:16 pm

Yes Bee, like you, I was also pleased.
The Eagle