Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Car hire

Car hire

Postby Michael murtagh » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:11 pm

Good afternoon my niece and her family are coming out in august from Ireland,she wants to hire a car from Alicante airport. Could anyone Reccomend a company that won’t rip her off and the best insurance to take at the desk. Thanks
Michael murtagh

Which part of Spain are you from?: aqua park quesada

Re: Car hire

Postby no1buoy » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:30 pm

Quesada car hire are good and do airport transfers very reasinable
no1buoy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera del segur

Postby Redwoodsman » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:37 pm

no1buoy wrote:Quesada car hire are good and do airport transfers very reasinable

Agreed - I have booked a car in August for my daughter
Redwoodsman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby SC17 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:53 pm

Doyouspain.com are very reasonable. We buy an annual insurance excess policy and do not allow the hire companies to 'upsell' us on the insurance. When you hire a car you are insured, it is just that the excess is bigger.

We've also used costa blanca car hire. They charge 25 e per day a 40e each way transfer fee.
SC17

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Michael murtagh » Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:40 pm

I’ve googled Quesada car hire ,I’m getting Quesada car rentals is this the same company?
Any contact no. or email address
Thanks
Michael murtagh

Which part of Spain are you from?: aqua park quesada

Postby Redwoodsman » Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:23 am

Yes, same company

quesadacarrental.com

[email protected]

+34 711 050 808

Address
Calle de los Arcos, 3C
Alicante, Spain
Redwoodsman

Postby Kenbo » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:28 am

Michael murtagh wrote:Good afternoon my niece and her family are coming out in august from Ireland,she wants to hire a car from Alicante airport. Could anyone Reccomend a company that won’t rip her off and the best insurance to take at the desk. Thanks

If you use either Lara cars or Magnum they won't try to upsell her anything, what you see is what you pay and the car is handed over at the airport, both these Companies are off airport.
Kenbo

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Florida

Postby Volcano » Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:03 pm

no1buoy wrote:Quesada car hire are good and do airport transfers very reasinable

Is that the same Quesada Car Rental who rents out a bronze coloured Ford KA that has holes in its sills and is so worn out that we named it Scrappie, I swear as we passed the scrap yard in Torrevieja the dump of a thing, tried to drive itself into the scrap yard. After 3 days we gave it back. It may well be legal on the road, it may well have a ITV, but that does not detract from it being a risk thats not worth taking.

You have to remember that who ever you rent a car from, that saving £50 quid on car hire is not worth it if in a minor accident the car and you are written off. That’s why top rental firms only use cars under 3 years old that are well maintained.

I would recommend Open Car, they are fairly priced, or Hertz or gold car, they just rented a VW to my nephew and it was great less than a year old and it still looked brand new.. I would also recommend that you first inspect the car before handing any money over, ask for the doors to be opened, inspect the sills, if it looks old, badly repaired or there are holes walk away, always check the engine compartment and look under the dashboard to see if there’s any hanging wires. Really in todays world what is £50.
Volcano

Postby Murt » Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:48 pm

Volcano wrote:

Is that the same Quesada Car Rental who rents out a bronze coloured Ford KA that has holes in its sills and is so worn out that we named it Scrappie, I swear as we passed the scrap yard in Torrevieja the dump of a thing, tried to drive itself into the scrap yard. After 3 days we gave it back. It may well be legal on the road, it may well have a ITV, but that does not detract from it being a risk thats not worth taking.

You have to remember that who ever you rent a car from, that saving £50 quid on car hire is not worth it if in a minor accident the car and you are written off. That’s why top rental firms only use cars under 3 years old that are well maintained.

I would recommend Open Car, they are fairly priced, or Hertz or gold car, they just rented a VW to my nephew and it was great less than a year old and it still looked brand new.. I would also recommend that you first inspect the car before handing any money over, ask for the doors to be opened, inspect the sills, if it looks old, badly repaired or there are holes walk away, always check the engine compartment and look under the dashboard to see if there’s any hanging wires. Really in todays world what is £50.

This post is wrong on so many levels, I don't know where to start.

Anyway, he recommends Goldcar. What on earth! The biggest scammers in market.
Here's a link to a Which report about Goldcar https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/car-hir ... IoJ9U38WEs

Which's recommendation is avoid and I'd fully agree with them.

I used to use them, but they went to hell in a handcart a few years ago. If you're not taking out their insurance at the desk, which they'll use every hard sell tatic in the book to get you to take, they'll give you a much older car (a wreck).

The last car they tried to pawn off on me hadn't got a single panel that wasn't damaged, scraped or dented in some way. Not every ding or mark was noted by Goldcar on their agreement, and if I left the carpark without having each and every mark noted, they'd have held me responsible, and I'd have had to pay them for it.

Next we have their car insurance. I don't know where the figure of €50 came from, but you can multiply that by a factor of at least 5 for Goldcars own insurance.

BTW, that additional insurance they try and force you to take out is only for the excess €1,200-€1,500 from any claim. Anything over that is covered by the company's own insurance.

One of the tricks at the car hire desk, I've seen them use, is to refuse to allow the person to take the car unless they took out their overpriced insurance or were in a position to allow them to block €1,200-€1,500 off their credit card. They have you by the proverbial and they'll take full advantage of it.

He recommends doing a careful inspection of the car, looking under the dashboard, inspecting he engine, before hiring and walking away if not satisfied.

I've never looked under the dashboard when I hired a car. Wouldn't know what I was looking for, if I did. As for looking at the engine, why would I do that?

Easy to say walk away if you're not happy with the car. You've walked away and now you have no car. What are you going to do? Much easier to avoid these chancers in the first place.

The companies I use now are Aeroautos http://www.aeroautos.es/ and wheelsinspain. https://wheelsinspain.com/ Both supply relatively newish and undamaged cars and they don't go over your car with a microscope when you leave them back. There's no upselling with insurance or extra for additional drivers either. I've also found their prices to be very competitive.
Murt

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada MarquesaGolf

Postby Volcano » Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:35 pm

Murt wrote:
Volcano wrote:

This post is wrong on so many levels, I don't know where to start.

Anyway, he recommends Goldcar. What on earth! The biggest scammers in market.
Here's a link to a Which report about Goldcar https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/car-hir ... IoJ9U38WEs

Which's recommendation is avoid and I'd fully agree with them.

I used to use them, but they went to hell in a handcart a few years ago. If you're not taking out their insurance at the desk, which they'll use every hard sell tatic in the book to get you to take, they'll give you a much older car (a wreck).

The last car they tried to pawn off on me hadn't got a single panel that wasn't damaged, scraped or dented in some way. Not every ding or mark was noted by Goldcar on their agreement, and if I left the carpark without having each and every mark noted, they'd have held me responsible, and I'd have had to pay them for it.

Next we have their car insurance. I don't know where the figure of €50 came from, but you can multiply that by a factor of at least 5 for Goldcars own insurance.

BTW, that additional insurance they try and force you to take out is only for the excess €1,200-€1,500 from any claim. Anything over that is covered by the company's own insurance.

One of the tricks at the car hire desk, I've seen them use, is to refuse to allow the person to take the car unless they took out their overpriced insurance or were in a position to allow them to block €1,200-€1,500 off their credit card. They have you by the proverbial and they'll take full advantage of it.

He recommends doing a careful inspection of the car, looking under the dashboard, inspecting he engine, before hiring and walking away if not satisfied.

I've never looked under the dashboard when I hired a car. Wouldn't know what I was looking for, if I did. As for looking at the engine, why would I do that?

Easy to say walk away if you're not happy with the car. You've walked away and now you have no car. What are you going to do? Much easier to avoid these chancers in the first place.

The companies I use now are Aeroautos http://www.aeroautos.es/ and wheelsinspain. https://wheelsinspain.com/ Both supply relatively newish and undamaged cars and they don't go over your car with a microscope when you leave them back. There's no upselling with insurance or extra for additional drivers either. I've also found their prices to be very competitive.

I’ve used Gold car with none of the issues you state, same with open car and Hertz, my nephew had a VW from Goldcar just recently without any issues at all so your post is also “wrong on so many levels too”. Each person has their own experiences to rely on, mine very recently are totally different from what you found. And had I taken my own advice and checked out the Ford KA, I would have saved a lot of money. Maybe AeroAutos and wheelsinSpain are good, I don’t know of them so never rented from them. So in fairness I can’t comment. But I do know that my nephew checked out the VW from gold car and found nothing amiss, as did I the last time I used them, I only used them because Open car was closed when I needed a car. Everyone’s opinion is different. fortunately I know enough about vehicles to know if something is amiss, that’s why I gave the Ford KA back and walked away with no car. so in future I inspect before paying any money, it’s not rocket science. If you are not happy walk away, there are many other car hire companies you can use, it’s not like they have no cars at other rentals. The more people question bad behaviour the less they will behave badly. I’m sorry you had a bad experience with gold car, I and my family were satisfied and it was on par with all the other rental companies regarding cost, but £50.00 a week more than The Ford KA..
Volcano

Next