Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Breakdown Warning Lights

Re: Breakdown Warning Lights

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:21 pm

But if you've nothing to hide does it matter,?

Steve wilkins wrote:
Chrisdee wrote:Think you're paranoid about things? I couldn't care less if the govt want to monitor me, why should i be?

Steve wilkins wrote:So how does it know you have broken down or have a crash if it's not monitoring you at all times? Sorry but i'm not being forced to be tracked every second of every day in my car and have my location disclosed to the DGT, vodafone and the insurance company because they say so. It's big brother's wet dream on steroids. And i'm sure the pyramid box with what resembles a eye on it is purely by coincidence as well

Next they'll be saying you have to have a device on you at all times that has a camera and mic in it so we can keep track of you wherever you go. For your safety of course. Oh wait.....

Not paranoid, just don't trust the government with anything.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Steve wilkins » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:31 pm

Yes it does. People have the right to privacy. And if the government s keep coming out with schemes that erode that, maybe they are the ones that are paranoid ;)
Steve wilkins

Postby Darro » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:00 am

You reveal more personal info every time you go on the Internet or simply switch on your phone than any dumb DGT flashing light could ever do in its entire lifetime!
:text-givemebeer:
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Steve wilkins » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:56 am

Not necessarily. And when i choose to, that is by choice. Where is the choice with these things? And who says they're dumb? Will all of them be dumb?
Steve wilkins

Postby Gustav » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:23 pm

Its not compulsory to own or drive a car,
Also same with a mobile phone, that tracks gps's you, it not compulsory to own one of those,
But if you nothing to hide why worry about it,
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Darro » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:39 pm

Steve wilkins wrote:Not necessarily. And when i choose to, that is by choice. Where is the choice with these things? And who says they're dumb? Will all of them be dumb?

There is no registration process nor is any information loaded into them, you take them out of the box and switch them on if or when you need to. Dumb as a brick.

What else do you imagine them doing?

Some people, sheesh!
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Steve wilkins » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:47 pm

It's a matter of principle, and opinion that peoples fundamental right to privacy is respected. Nothing to do with if you've got anything to hide or not. It's to do with what happens with the data collected. If you live in China (and this is not in relation to these devices specifically), the data collected goes towards your social credit score, which, depending how much of a good boy you've been, depends on whether or not you can buy train tickets etc. Say anything negative about the oppressive regime that rules, and your stripped of any and every privilege they feel like you no longer deserve. Maybe you don't mind if that happens in Europe, because 'you have nothing to hide', but i do. And before you say oh, it's just a gps beacon, its dumb, it's just this, it's just that, well, that's how it starts. Bit by bit, then before you know it, you're living in North Korea. Keep holding on to a naive attitude towards these things and that's were we will end up.
Steve wilkins

Postby Paul M » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:34 pm

In hyperspace, no one can hear you scream!!! :text-givemebeer:
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Topcat » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:33 pm

Topcat

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby telmel » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:30 pm

For sale
Three warning triangles from previous vehicles ,in their own boxes, as new, never used
They could become collectors items
Any offers accepted :D
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

PreviousNext