Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Advice needed-TEMPORY SIP CARD

Advice needed-TEMPORY SIP CARD

Postby prefect » Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:55 am

With the tempory SIP card my wife and I were charged 99 euros (Full purchase price) for 8 items at the Donna Peppa Pharmacy. A well wisher who has a similar card informed me that we should have had some discount. I was under the impression that this discount would not occur until
we obtained residency and submitted our S1 document.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
prefect

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales/Quesada

Re: Advice needed-TEMPORY SIP CARD

Postby Graham_Lynn » Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:04 am

Your SIP card is linked to your tax status, so you could end up with free prescriptions or pay 10% or could be capped at a certain amount monthly.

I presume you’ve only just submitted your S1 to INSS in the past few weeks. Normally the temporary SIP card can be exchanged at the salud within a couple of weeks. But I’m guessing that you’ve seen the GP to get the prescription as soon as you were given the temporary card and the ‘full’ card wasn’t ready to be collected. Again unusual as the GP should have sent you for blood tests before issuing a prescription. Or there could possibly be a backlog at the moment?
The farmacia are usually quite good at picking up on these things, as the amount they charge you again is on the system and all linked to the SIP card.
So ask at the salud if your card is ready or as soon as the next prescription collection window opens ask at the farmacia what the charge will be before collecting the items, explain the situation to them and they’ll advise what to do next, which could possibly entail a visit to the reception staff in the salud.

Lynn
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby dr.doolittle » Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:18 am

:text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost:
dr.doolittle

Postby Darro » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:51 pm

If you have not got residency or submitted an S1 to INSS how have you got a temporary SIP card?

You're not talking about a temporary card sometimes issued to EHIC/GHIC holders are you?

Those have been given out to non residents in the past in some areas just to make the paperwork easier.

If that is what you have then you will always pay full price for medicines.

It's only when you get a proper SIP card that the discount will kick in.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby prefect » Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:12 pm

We have been resident in France for 34 years, We have the SIP yard issued from the UK.
We have applied for residency since February and were informed that the application papers
were sent to the relevant authority yesterday (6/7/23) If they dont ask for further documentation, it will take at least a further 4 weeks to continue.
What is the INSS ?.
What and where is the SALUD.
How the hell does anyone get residency in this crazy situation ?
We are at the point of giving in and returning to the sanity of France
prefect

Postby Graham_Lynn » Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:37 pm

Your post is now full of confusion, especially on another post, when you say you have been resident in Spain for over 3 months.
Firstly a SIP card is not issued by the UK Are you getting mixed up with the GHIC/EHIC card which is issued in the UK and used for emergency medical treatment whilst you are on holiday - valid for a max of 90 days. This as Darro says does not give you any discount of medical items as a temporary SIP is issued by some municipalities to save on paperwork. Most municipalities don’t allow it, but Rojales do? (again as per Darro’s post)
Sounds as though you’re not a Spanish resident, so you have to ensure that getting your visa and then residency is your priority,. The way you do this depends on which passport you hold ie British or EU.
Once you have your Spanish residency card you then apply to INSS ( equivalent to Social Security) with your S1 form , they then give you a GP and issue a SIP card which means you receive Spanish healthcare, the SIP card needs to be carried with you at all times as it needs to be produced to obtain healthcare, prescriptions etc. Only then will you receive discounted prescriptions
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Darro » Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:38 pm

Confusing indeed.

I think it would help if you explained on exactly what basis you have moved here from France as it would not appear to be by the non lucrative visa route.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby prefect » Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:55 am

Sorry about the confusion, too much sun I quess.
I have an English passport, but due to French residency on a long term basis am classed as
European.
Graham_Lynn. Your reply has fully answered my Query. Thank you
[i]Once you have your Spanish residency card you then apply to INSS ( equivalent to Social Security) with your S1 form , they then give you a GP and issue a SIP card which means you receive Spanish healthcare, the SIP card needs to be carried with you at all times as it needs to be produced to obtain healthcare, prescriptions etc. Only then will you receive discounted prescriptions
prefect