Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Driving License Exchange with Right Move

Re: Driving License Exchange with Right Move

Postby wilbhoy67 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:19 am

What a dreadful service by Right Move. I did mine and the wives ourselves, for the small DgT admin fee and picked it up 5 weeks later.

Good to see these cowboy outfits being named and shamed.
wilbhoy67

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Luis

Postby p.edwards6 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:03 pm

Both my husband have french driving licences, on 12th FEb he took his licence into right move to have a european licence exchange, he took all the paperwork issues from the DGT & Spanish government.Right Move told him we don't use these forms you will have do it as is a uk licence.He wasn't given any paperwork to drive whilst his licence was goneto the DGT.On 26th April his licence expired, as this was causing a problem we went to the right move office in la marina & told them of the problem we were having. They said that they would try to sort it out.My husband had aphone call on 5th May to go & collect his permit to drive, this was dated the 5th May but because his licence had expired they scubbed out that date & put the 4th April. When he looked at the paperwork, bearing in mind he took it to right move on the 13th Feb, it wasn't logged in at the DGT office in Catral until 27th March. Where had it been between these dates. the paperwork runs until the 22nd August, so he is still waiting for his licence which should have been a straight forward swap
p.edwards6

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu

Postby Darro » Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:29 pm

Psicotecnico Catral, exellent prompt service.

Sometimes you need to expand your horizon beyond Quesada arches :text-lol:
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby lance » Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:29 pm

Tim did it for me all done and my new Spanish licence in 2 months. Tim can be contacted on 637494786. But why do the Spanish authorities take away our British licences? A tip, dare I say it on a public forum, if you contact DVLA and tell them you have lose your British licence they will issue another. Cost £20. You didn't hear it from me.
lance

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa. Quesada

Postby wilbhoy67 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:05 pm

lance wrote:Tim did it for me all done and my new Spanish licence in 2 months. Tim can be contacted on 637494786. But why do the Spanish authorities take away our British licences? A tip, dare I say it on a public forum, if you contact DVLA and tell them you have lose your British licence they will issue another. Cost £20. You didn't hear it from me.

The new agreement closes that loophole. You may hold a 'spare' license , but it will be defunct in both Spain and UK under the new arrangements.

In other words, not worth the bother.
wilbhoy67

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Luis

Postby Darro » Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:48 pm

lance wrote:But why do the Spanish authorities take away our British licences?

It's because it's called an EXCHANGE!

A tip, dare I say it on a public forum, if you contact DVLA and tell them you have lose your British licence they will issue another. Cost £20. You didn't hear it from me.

Congratulations on lying to DVLA and admitting it in public but as said being fraudulently obtained it is invalid so of no legitimate use.

BTW if the system works now as it used to pre Brexit surrendered licences are eventually returned to their issuing authorities and if that happens your deception will be exposed and the licence cancelled by DVLA.
Darro

Postby lance » Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:08 am

Who said I did it !!! You are jumping to conclusions. Don't shoot the messenger
lance

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa. Quesada

Postby Mickey Braw » Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:37 pm

lance wrote:Who said I did it !!! You are jumping to conclusions. Don't shoot the messenger

Sometimes the messenger shoots himself.
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Darro » Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:42 pm

Mea culpa :text-lol:
Darro

Postby Yokel » Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:42 pm

lance wrote:A tip, dare I say it on a public forum, if you contact DVLA and tell them you have lose your British licence they will issue another. Cost £20. You didn't hear it from me.

If your UK licence has been exchanged, or if DVLA have a record of it being in the process of being exchanged for a Spanish licence, that would not work.

Some people will legally have a UK and a Spanish licence, they are the ones that didn't wait for UK/Spain to iron out their differences on licence exchange and went and passed the Spanish driving test, and therefore didn't need to exchange their UK licence.
Yokel

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

PreviousNext