Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Driving License Exchange with Right Move

Driving License Exchange with Right Move

Postby Paulwilko10 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:15 pm

I put my driving license in on the day it was announced with right move in quesada.

I appreciate there is alot doing the same however they and I have not heard one thing.

We've handed over money and our uk license and now they're is no record of it until we hope the powers at be get to ours.

Thing is I know a few that have either got to the next stage or even got their Spanish license and applied after us.
This is nearly 4 months now and I'm getting twitchy.

Anyone else in same boat?
Paulwilko10

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bracknell

Re: Driving License Exchange with Right Move

Postby shirlie anne » Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:19 pm

I also used rite move to exchange mine, it did take around 9 months tho but in the meantime they gave me paperwork which covered incase i got stopped.
shirlie anne

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:26 pm

Yep a friend is the same. In A previous post there's a link to see how it's going being processed etc youll have to search for it
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Paulwilko10 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:30 pm

shirlie anne wrote:I also used rite move to exchange mine, it did take around 9 months tho but in the meantime they gave me paperwork which covered incase i got stopped.

Yeah we got that, but I assume that only lasts for the 6 months we have to exchange?
Paulwilko10

Postby Paulwilko10 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:31 pm

Chrisdee wrote:Yep a friend is the same. In A previous post there's a link to see how it's going being processed etc youll have to search for it

I know that link but I believe that only works when it's been too the next stage. Thanks though
Paulwilko10

Postby Shelles » Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:19 am

Yes, I’m 8n exactly the same position as you. I’m going to Florida in August and won’t be able to hire a car without a licence. I didn’t think it would take from April until now.
Shelles

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Paul20 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:30 am

I also used Rightmove for my license exchange a week after it went live and still haven’t heard a thing. I emailed them 10 days ago for an update and the response was “it’ll take as long as it takes” however friends of mine did their exchange themselves 2 weeks after us and have had their licence back 5 weeks ago. I can’t understand why it’s taking so long. I have the paperwork in case I get stopped by the Police but I still can’t understand why it’s taking so long and why Rightmove can’t keep us informed as to the progress of the exchange!
Paul20

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Paulwilko10 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:31 am

Shelles wrote:Yes, I’m 8n exactly the same position as you. I’m going to Florida in August and won’t be able to hire a car without a licence. I didn’t think it would take from April until now.

So frustrating, are you with right move?
Paulwilko10

Postby Paulwilko10 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:32 am

Paul20 wrote:I also used Rightmove for my license exchange a week after it went live and still haven’t heard a thing. I emailed them 10 days ago for an update and the response was “it’ll take as long as it takes” however friends of mine did their exchange themselves 2 weeks after us and have had their licence back 5 weeks ago. I can’t understand why it’s taking so long. I have the paperwork in case I get stopped by the Police but I still can’t understand why it’s taking so long and why Rightmove can’t keep us informed as to the progress of the exchange!

I bet right move can't even prove they took it to the dgt. They probably took batches of applications and just handed them over. What the heck happens if we don't get ours, I really dread to think
Paulwilko10

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:11 am

Let's hope they sort it before August because they'll probably close for the month then
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Next