Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Posting opinions and receiving heated responses.

Posting opinions and receiving heated responses.

Postby Volcano » Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:43 am

It never fails to astound me that when you post an opinion or details of an experience on this site, someone gets hot under the collar and has a verbal go, if their experience is different.
This forum is a gold mine of useful information and if someone has a good or a bad experience and they write about it, it is just their findings, their opinion, I find such opinions very useful, it is my choice if I act on it or not.
Everyone’s good or bad experience counts, it is their right to give details of their outcomes. It would however be nice to post information then not be got at because they have differing opinions.
A simple ‘my experience was different and I would not recommend them’ then a paragraph covering their experience should suffice.
It does put people off giving information when their experience is challenged and questioned. Each persons experience is different. I enjoy reading people’s findings and enjoy posting my experiences. But such responses from aggrieved posters does push you away from posting your own experiences.
Volcano

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Posting opinions and receiving heated responses.

Postby TonTri » Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:12 am

:text-goodpost: hear, hear
TonTri

Postby dr.doolittle » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:22 am

Volcano wrote:It never fails to astound me that when you post an opinion or details of an experience on this site, someone gets hot under the collar and has a verbal go, if their experience is different.
This forum is a gold mine of useful information and if someone has a good or a bad experience and they write about it, it is just their findings, their opinion, I find such opinions very useful, it is my choice if I act on it or not.
Everyone’s good or bad experience counts, it is their right to give details of their outcomes. It would however be nice to post information then not be got at because they have differing opinions.
A simple ‘my experience was different and I would not recommend them’ then a paragraph covering their experience should suffice.
It does put people off giving information when their experience is challenged and questioned. Each persons experience is different. I enjoy reading people’s findings and enjoy posting my experiences. But such responses from aggrieved posters does push you away from posting your own experiences.

Well said/
dr.doolittle

Postby David Stokes » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:29 am

Volcano wrote:It never fails to astound me that when you post an opinion or details of an experience on this site, someone gets hot under the collar and has a verbal go, if their experience is different.

Absolutely spot on
David Stokes

Postby JanBee » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:35 am

Totally agree, Volcano!! Never ceases to amaze me how one persons opinion can lead to a rant from someone else and occasionally about a completely different subject!! I think some people don't have enough to do with their time and just like a good old moan!!
I've found a lot of very useful information on the forum!!
As the saying goes, "If you don't have anything good to say, say nothing!"
JanBee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa 2, Quesada

Postby Darro » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:39 am

Seems to me it's about all perception with some people having thinner skin than others.

Stick and stones......
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby wilbhoy67 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:15 am

Hear ,Hear.

Don't give in to the Trolls

Indeed challenge them if they get personal and, if all else fails, report them to admin.

They're usually the type of folk who wouldn't say it to your face in most cases. "Keyboard warriors".
wilbhoy67

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Luis

Postby Starman » Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:06 pm

It amuses me that someone with the name “Volcano” is writing about people erupting with heat over posts.
Got to love the internet
Starman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada golf

Postby Volcano » Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:47 pm

Starman wrote:It amuses me that someone with the name “Volcano” is writing about people erupting with heat over posts.
Got to love the internet

I went up to the top of a volcano in Tenerife, it was magnificent, incredible views, it was dormant, but you could feel the tension. Such beauty and history was worthy of taking its name of what it is, a volcano, as a lovely reminder of a lovely time on that volcano, it’s where I fell for my beautiful wife, it’s where I knew we would spend our lives together. It has nothing at all to do with anger or erupting with heat, it’s all to do with the circle of life, the beginning - the end, like the birth of our beautiful world, yes lots of creepy crawlies lots of wild shrubs, but isn’t our life full of those types, 99.9% of people are nice folks, just now and again the creeps come calling. You can see the disparage in the comments, the majority by a long way are kind, considerate people just a few are not. It just shows there are more nice people than horrors in our world, how great is that..
Volcano

Postby jpeg » Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:06 pm

:text-goodpost:
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Next