Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Water leak insurance claim.

Water leak insurance claim.

Postby mondo » Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:14 pm

Hydraqua came to to our house and said a leak hed been reported. Sod's law said it was just before a fiesta weekend. We had no idea how long the leak had been running so we contacted LeakTech urgently. They said due to the fiesta they could only come in three days. That was fine.

We understood the leak saw somewhere between the boundary wall and under the garden.... somewhere.

The house is about 18 years old and we guessed the water pipe had rusted somewhere under the ground. We imagined the insurance would say it was general wear and tear and argue the case and we would be lucky to get anything.

Fixing the leak had cost over 500 euros. Our water bill for the period of the leak was over 500 euros. Damn!! around a 1,100 euro bill was on the cards.

I contacted our insurance company (Liberty) and they dealt with the claim without complaint.

They have paid into our bank over 900 euros to cover the repair and the excess water usage.

We are very pleased with this result.

So if you have a leak, don't despair, it might not be as bad as it seems.

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Re: Water leak insurance claim.

Postby sunworshipper » Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:49 pm

I think Liberty Seguros are the only company that pay out for the water bill. We switched to them because they will pay up to 1000 euros of water loss due to a leak.
Happy in the sun.
sunworshipper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby SharonSpain » Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:26 pm

I'm with Ibex and their maximum payout was €500 when I had a leak. Better than nothing I suppose
SharonSpain

Postby nannyabroad » Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:40 pm

I am with Ibex they paid the 500euros, plus a free repair.
nannyabroad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby Volcano » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:15 pm

I use Spanish insurance, I had a leak a few years ago, I saw it start and turned the mains of.. I called a plumber who said call your insurer, I did, within 3 hours a plumber arrived, located the leak, dug it up, put a new pipe in, left the hole for 3 days returned and repaired the hole and replaced the tiles, you would never know they had been. The following year I had another wet issue but this time where the Tap is on the house, I called the insurance, I swear the plumber must live across the road, 10 minutes he was there, they did the repairs. Came back 3 days later and put the stone cladding back on the house wall. I’ve never paid a cent… I use them to insure my car too..they do travel insurance but with me not being a resident I don’t know how I stand… I’ll be asking when we return in September for 90 days…
Volcano

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:25 pm

Who do you use please?

Volcano wrote:I use Spanish insurance, I had a leak a few years ago, I saw it start and turned the mains of.. I called a plumber who said call your insurer, I did, within 3 hours a plumber arrived, located the leak, dug it up, put a new pipe in, left the hole for 3 days returned and repaired the hole and replaced the tiles, you would never know they had been. The following year I had another wet issue but this time where the Tap is on the house, I called the insurance, I swear the plumber must live across the road, 10 minutes he was there, they did the repairs. Came back 3 days later and put the stone cladding back on the house wall. I’ve never paid a cent… I use them to insure my car too..they do travel insurance but with me not being a resident I don’t know how I stand… I’ll be asking when we return in September for 90 days…
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Paul Uden » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:06 am

Chrisdee wrote:Who do you use please?

Volcano wrote:I use Spanish insurance, I had a leak a few years ago, I saw it start and turned the mains of.. I called a plumber who said call your insurer, I did, within 3 hours a plumber arrived, located the leak, dug it up, put a new pipe in, left the hole for 3 days returned and repaired the hole and replaced the tiles, you would never know they had been. The following year I had another wet issue but this time where the Tap is on the house, I called the insurance, I swear the plumber must live across the road, 10 minutes he was there, they did the repairs. Came back 3 days later and put the stone cladding back on the house wall. I’ve never paid a cent… I use them to insure my car too..they do travel insurance but with me not being a resident I don’t know how I stand… I’ll be asking when we return in September for 90 days…

Spanish Insurance, also known as Generali, is next to the British Dentist on C/ Los Arcos in Quesada. They also have an office in La Zenia. We use them for home and car insurance. Reassuring to know Volcano.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby mondo » Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:19 am

Paul Uden wrote:
Chrisdee wrote:Who do you use please?

Spanish Insurance, also known as Generali, is next to the British Dentist on C/ Los Arcos in Quesada. They also have an office in La Zenia. We use them for home and car insurance. Reassuring to know Volcano.

I suppose the cost of premiums has to be taken into account too. I remember a while ago I got a quote from them for travel insurance and they were very expensive.
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Paul Uden » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:00 am

I found all the local places very expensive for travel insurance so, despite preferring to shop local, I went with Staysure online. With insurance, and other things, I tend to prefer good service over cheap so Volcano's testimony is good to hear. Pleased that Liberty sorted you out too as there seems to be quite a lot of people reporting leaks in recent months and they can be very expensive.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Paul M » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:12 am

I asked Generali for a car insurance quote years ago. The girls in the Quesada office told me I had to bring my car to them for a damage inspection prior to offering cover!

Strangest thing I’ve ever heard from an insurer and based on that very odd request I got cover elsewhere.
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Next