Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Car emissions badge.

Car emissions badge.

Postby Benjy » Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:09 pm

Tried to apply for my emissions badge today but got this message. Any one enlighten me further? Does this mean my car is not allowed in certain areas? Thank you.
Benjy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Murcia

Re: Car emissions badge.

Postby Paul Uden » Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:32 pm

It sounds like your car does not meet the criteria to even be awarded the lowest graded emissions certificate (B). In which case you will eventually be restricted to where you can drive in around 150 larger cities in Spain (round here that will be Murcia, Benidorm, Alicante, Elche, Orihuela and Torrevieja). The areas haven't yet been finally defined, but probably will be by the end of the year. Only Madrid, Valencia, Seville and Barcelona currently have Low Emission Zones as far as I know, but this will change in due course.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Benjy » Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:40 pm

Thanks Paul, just as I thought. I’ll just have to use the “rolls” then :text-lol: :text-lol: :text-lol: :text-lol:
Benjy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Murcia

Postby Volcano » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:54 pm

Isn’t it madness, my 2017 2l Ford Edge Vignal and 2016 2l BMW 420d both Diesels emit less pollution than my brand new 2023 Seat Ateca petrol and are even better than my 5 tonne 2023 motorhome with a Euro 6 engine with adblue, diesels are much cleaner today than many petrol cars, yet they can be banned because they are older. What I can’t get my head around is the claim these vehicles cause massive pollution so they want us to buy over priced electric cars, powered by electric generated by burning trees chopped down and transported from Canada a few months ago. Why not simply burn trees that died a billion years ago the stuff we call coal, and let the living trees eat the carbon?. Also if the problem is exhaust fumes, why not put a turbo charger in the exhaust pipe and force the fumes through a capture filter capturing all the noxious gasses. Then the filters can be processed and disposed off without harm to the environment. Ok so one day we will run out of oil, then let’s plant billions of Olive trees and make bio diesel! The more things grow, the cleaner the air! Yes asap we should stop waste going into the sea, and we need to recycle, we have plenty of glass and metal cans, plus we don’t need plastic carriers, let’s use paper and card and recycle it all. I suppose the brass won’t make as much money if we do these things, they will probably have their snout in the electric car trough…
Volcano

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby El Stevo » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:49 pm

Go to the Correos in Quesada and try again.
El Stevo

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso, Quesada

Postby Mickey Braw » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:44 pm

Oh and take a deck chair and a packed lunch, you may be some time. :text-lol:
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Ruth » Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:47 am

Well said Volcano.
Ruth

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby Darro » Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:14 pm

El Stevo wrote:Go to the Correos in Quesada and try again.

To what purpose, eligibility for a sticker is determined by vehicle not by a nod and a wink in a post office!
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Big Wheeler » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:05 pm

Darro wrote:
El Stevo wrote:Go to the Correos in Quesada and try again.

To what purpose, eligibility for a sticker is determined by vehicle not by a nod and a wink in a post office!

I suspect that this was an attempt at humour implying it won't be an in and out quickly experience.
I suggest Benejuzar Post Office although I hope I haven't given it the kiss of death when millions of Quesadaites transfer their queue there.
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Darro » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:17 pm

That was not lost on me but the point is it won't work - period!

If http://www.pegatinas-dgt.com says no then that's an end to it
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Next