Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Love Hugger arrested

Re: Love Hugger arrested

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:50 pm

I would love them to have their hands chopped off Cant think of a better deterrent. Prison is expensive to the tax payer, going to court they don't even get a slapped wrist, definitely chop their hand off but it won't happen which is a shame.

nnejy wrote:I still think it's important knowing they have been arrested. For sure, they are still going to be in the community but it does make life really much more difficult for them to operate. When it get's to the point that the costs outweigh the benefits they will start to change.

I am really not sure what more you can do than this. I certainly don't want to see a Saudi type scenario where people lose their hands or whatever.

Just my view.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby RJC » Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:05 pm

They operate in gangs - need to get the lot!!!
RJC

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:20 pm

Most definitely but chopping their hand off word would get around. Same for people who nick bikes, cars etc. Complete and utter arseholes.

RJC wrote:They operate in gangs - need to get the lot!!!
Chrisdee

Postby Babsie » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:38 am

This is the woman who stole my mothers precious necklace fr9m around my neck while huggibg me and pretending I was a close friend. Here is ne thinkubg she is safely locked away but no she is still roaming the steets do not understand as I pointed her out in a photo file the police had as other peiple had also done. How much more evidence do they need. I even went to the local pawn broker and they said they never take in anything without a passpirt or identification from the person selling the stuff, so where do they get rid if it and make money?
Babsie

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Pete31 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:04 am

Maybe someone will punch her in the nose next time
This May deter her
Pete31

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entra Naranjos

Postby Volcano » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:36 am

Chrisdee wrote:Most definitely but chopping their hand off word would get around. Same for people who nick bikes, cars etc. Complete and utter arseholes.

I’m with you Chrisdee, we need in all the 1st world countries, to move away from liberal attitudes and become draconian in passing sentences, in the 1950-60s they banned capital punishment and said life will mean life, most people thought that meant a murderer would be locked up until they died, not get let out after 8 years to kill again, with the excuse that they are under control for life.

We have laws against many things but they are not policed or instigated. Murderers and rapists should be executed within 7 days of sentence. No appeals should be allowed. Media should be banned from writing story after story or making films about murderers and rapists.
Ok occasionally a mistake will be made, then we can compensate the victims family.

Thieves, drug dealers and those who mug or beat up people should get 5 years minimum on a chain gang working very hard picking up litter, cleaning graffiti and cleaning public toilets. If they thieve again they should lose a hand and get 10 years on a chain gang.. very minor crime should see a 3 month chain gang sentence every weekend 8am-8pm cleaning the streets in pink overalls..
It’ll soon stop the crooks…
Volcano

Postby pedrosloggett » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:00 am

Whilst I agree that it is better to reform criminals than simply lock them up or punish them, unfortunately it will only work if they actually WANT to be reformed. In most cases they don't. The only alternative is to make the punishment severe enough to make it not worth committing the crime. I also think that anyone in prison should have to work to earn their keep, most people outside have to so why should they live free.
pedrosloggett

Postby The Eagle » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:41 am

Volcano wrote:It’ll soon stop the crooks…

No it won't. Nothing will.

They mainly steal to satisify their drug problem and will go to any lengths to do.

It's really up to to general public to be extra vigilant when wearing and carrying valuables and become more streetwise.

You have to assume that everyone that comes near you and greets you like a friend, is going to try and mug you.

That's the world we live in today unfortunately.
Last edited by The Eagle on Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Eagle

Postby Silverlocke29 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:51 pm

Punishment certainly does not fit the crime these days. Surely if the punishment was very severe for any crime that may deter anyone with half a brain cell.
Silverlocke29

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Luis

Postby telmel » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:29 pm

Volcano wrote:
Chrisdee wrote:Most definitely but chopping their hand off word would get around. Same for people who nick bikes, cars etc. Complete and utter arseholes.

I’m with you Chrisdee, we need in all the 1st world countries, to move away from liberal attitudes and become draconian in passing sentences, in the 1950-60s they banned capital punishment and said life will mean life, most people thought that meant a murderer would be locked up until they died, not get let out after 8 years to kill again, with the excuse that they are under control for life.

We have laws against many things but they are not policed or instigated. Murderers and rapists should be executed within 7 days of sentence. No appeals should be allowed. Media should be banned from writing story after story or making films about murderers and rapists.
Ok occasionally a mistake will be made, then we can compensate the victims family.

Thieves, drug dealers and those who mug or beat up people should get 5 years minimum on a chain gang working very hard picking up litter, cleaning graffiti and cleaning public toilets. If they thieve again they should lose a hand and get 10 years on a chain gang.. very minor crime should see a 3 month chain gang sentence every weekend 8am-8pm cleaning the streets in pink overalls..
It’ll soon stop the crooks…

If you ever decide to go into politics V you have my vote
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

PreviousNext