Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Eye surgery

Eye surgery

Postby Mr Wigaskew » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:46 am

Hi all, has anyone had any bad experiences with the private eye clinic next to the La Laguna hotel?
Thanks in advance.
Mr Wigaskew

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Eye surgery

Postby Nolito » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:04 pm

Oh yes, I woke up one morning in 2020 with reduced vision in one eye, someone I knew told me they'd seen the eye clinic there and perhaps they could help, I made an appointment and was giving an examination at cost €140 I was then told I'd need cataract eye surgery within 3 days as it was very serious ! The cost €4000 per eye ! Luckily I got a second opinion at Quiron Hospital the next day, there I was told my cataracts were low level, I was prescribed eye drops and my vision cleared in a few days...

I would certainly not recommend that private clinic !

Mr Wigaskew wrote:Hi all, has anyone had any bad experiences with the private eye clinic next to the La Laguna hotel?
Thanks in advance.
Nolito

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby The Accountant » Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:08 pm

My husband had both his eyes operated on there. Had artificial lenses inserted in both eyes. Gave him 20/20 vision for the first time in his life. Cost 4,500€ for the pair about 6 years ago. Well worth the money. Could not have asked for better treatment. Very professional and very caring.
The Accountant

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Jonlamb » Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:22 pm

Nolito,
Thanks for your post, could I be cheeky and ask what drops you were prescribed.
I too have the start of cataracts and occasional dry eyes.
Jonlamb

Which part of Spain are you from?: rojales

Postby The Eagle » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:24 pm

Nolito wrote:Oh yes, I woke up one morning in 2020 with reduced vision in one eye, someone I knew told me they'd seen the eye clinic there and perhaps they could help, I made an appointment and was giving an examination at cost €140 I was then told I'd need cataract eye surgery within 3 days as it was very serious ! The cost €4000 per eye !.

Don't think so.
The Eagle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja