Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Bringing our own furniture

Re: Bringing our own furniture

Postby Big Wheeler » Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:58 pm

Ov3rdal3 wrote:Welcome to Bexit

Oh dear.So much emotion you can't bring yourself to type Brexit in full.Break out another lorry load of kleenex.
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Volcano » Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:50 pm

Ov3rdal3 wrote:Welcome to Bexit

I thought they were coming to Spain? Shouldn’t that read Welcome to Spain?
Volcano

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Mac3blade » Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:22 pm

Please don’t even consider it. Homes in Spain are generally smaller than those at home. You won’t need a lot to furnish your place unless it’s a large detached villa. You can now buy beautiful, modern lounge furniture in shops all over the area. Most bedrooms have built in wardrobes so apart from beds you’ll need bedside cabinets and chests of drawers, all affordable from IKEA. Lamps available from any Chinese shop. Seriously consider the new L shaped settees which suit much better than ordinary lounge suites. Don’t buy a table until the lounge furniture is in situ. At that stage you’ll see just how much space you have left thus showing what size table and chairs there’d be room for.
No dark furniture. Keep it bright and modern.

If you really want to bring your own furniture with you and believe it will suit the place, hire a van and cross to (NI) drive down to Rosslare (Wexford) and cross from there. Actually, you could cross to Dublin which is a lot closer. I don’t think anyone with check your contents as there’s no border between the 2 countries. I may be wrong but I genuinely believe this would work for you.
All the best. I sincerely hope you have many years of pleasure with your new Spanish dream. Cheers.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Jansl » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:25 am

We came to Spain from Australia in 2017, not knowing the furniture situation here. So we had a 20ft shipping container en-route courtesy of Pickfords ( Australia).
Obviously Brexit didn't come into the equation for us because of the shipment origin. Although we were in our new house when it arrived 6 weeks later, the only Spanish paperwork we had was our NIE, so the question of residency/non didn't seem to apply.
The Spanish version of Pickfords ( Flippers ), cleared customs in Alicante for us and the only paperwork we had to provide was proof we had lived at the point of origin for at least two years.
Needless to say, the charity shops did very well out of us and we ended up with our own stuff, but wouldn't repeat the exercise.
Hope our experience helps you decide
Jansl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Previous