Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Dog training

Re: Dog training

Postby Annier999 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:49 am

If you use Facebook there are some fantastic dog training groups. For example, Dog Training Advice and Support.
Annier999

Postby Bee » Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:09 am

It's a difficult one and you need the proper training coping mechanisms. Have you tried ignoring him completely for about 10 minutes when he comes in. Absolute silence from you with no eye contact. Angle away from him when he tries to jump on you. This might dampen down his enthusiasm.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby David Stokes » Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:32 am

Bee wrote:It's a difficult one and you need the proper training coping mechanisms. Have you tried ignoring him completely for about 10 minutes when he comes in. Absolute silence from you with no eye contact. Angle away from him when he tries to jump on you. This might dampen down his enthusiasm.

Bee

I have had dogs most of my 78 years, and totally agree with Bee's post.
But also, tell him a stern No, pick him up and put him out again. He will soon start to get the message, and when he doesn't jump praise him and give him a treat. If you just get cross he thinks good I'm getting attention.

The best way to train a dog in behaviour is for his action to result in the exact opposite of what he wants. For another example, if he pulls on the lead, stop. That's the last thing he wanted.
David Stokes

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Gustav » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:12 pm

May I say " we'll done for taking in a rescue dog "
That alone is good ,
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Previous