Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Paying Parking Fine?

Re: Paying Parking Fine?

Postby telmel » Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:42 pm

Dont get a parking fine in campomoar
I was late taking my wife to the medical centre to see about her knee operation, she was using a wheelchair
I parked in the only space left , right next to the rubbish bins in a disabled space, that to be honest was worn away so only just about visible
Got stuck waiting for the doctor to arrive and when came out got rolled up ticket under my windscreen wiper from the guardia
200 euros reduced to 100 if i paid right away , so paid online when i got home
My wife did it as all in spanish
Must have been a bigger fine because it was disabled and i did not have a sticker
Expensive lesson learned :roll:
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Postby Darro » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:43 am

How you pay depends on who issued the ticket, the DGT (Guardia) or a local authority.

Never had a ticket of any sort but I find it hard to believe that instructions on how to pay are not with it!

DGT fines are normally reduced by 50% if paid within 20 days and can be paid here (no Spanish required).

https://sedeclave.dgt.gob.es/WEB_IWPS5_ ... xIdioma=en

Terms may be different for non DGT fines
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Barty40 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:05 am

Go to Suma office in Rojales
Barty40

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby achoosey » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:22 am

There should be a QR code on it, scan that it will say open browser and takes you to the site to pay it online.
achoosey

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Harry Epsom » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:37 am

Suma online options rejected the only reference number shown on the ticket and also my NIE as not being valid. Suma chat line advised that I should eventually receive payment information at home.
I actually did pay to park, and have kept the ticket, but I entered an incorrect registration number for my car. (83 yr old brain). No option is offered to plea mitigation though.
Here is a copy of my fine ticket, both sides.
IMG_4490.jpeg

IMG_4488.jpeg
Harry Epsom

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby sarnia cherie » Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:05 am

Also had parking ticket at Guardamar last week for parking at beach at 6.20. Nothing or barcode on ticket how to pay. Looked online saw pay at bank or post office. Drove past post office 3 times,big queue. Went to bank and lost the will to live so left. Went to P O Monday only one person in queue. Was told pay at Ayumiento or police station. Yesterday went to Ayumiento at Guadamar and was told to go to some office at Plaza Cordacio. Finally found it and was asked if I had a letter. You have to wait till you receive a letter then you have 20 days to pay at reduced rate or 90€ after that. You can pay at bank,P O etc or online same as you pay on Suma website. After wasting several hours to no avail am now waiting for my letter. I hope I have saved you some time running around like I did.
sarnia cherie

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo pepin

Postby Harry Epsom » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:57 pm

Hi Sarnia Cherie, that’s all I asked for, no guesswork and someone who had suffered the same plight and actually found the definitive answer. What can I say about Spanish lack of logic, and them not thinking out of the box. It could have been so easy if they had.
I wait with bated breath to see what the letter says.
Regards and thanks.
Harry.
Harry Epsom

Postby Paul Uden » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:24 pm

The back of the ticket does say that if you had paid at the machine (or on the mobile app) within 60 minutes of it being issued the fine would have been cancelled. I know you said you had already paid, but it might have been cheaper than the fine. Obviously that's too late for you now, and maybe you returned to your car after the hour had passed anyway, but others reading this may find it useful to know. When you eventually go to pay it, if it's face to face with a human being, you show them proof of payment and you're lucky, they may show some sympathy and be able to cancel it then.
Paul Uden

Postby Harry Epsom » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:41 pm

Problem is Paul, that we weren’t back from the beach in time to take advantage of such an ambiguous option, and you could hardly read the poor quality meter screens (to follow instructions) anyway.
Harry Epsom

Postby Paul Uden » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:57 pm

Harry Epsom wrote:Problem is Paul, that we weren’t back from the beach in time to take advantage of such an ambiguous option, and you could hardly read the poor quality meter screens (to follow instructions) anyway.

Yes, I can believe many people miss the deadline, but just thought it might be useful info for people in a similar situation who were able to take advantage of it. I've never used the meters myself, but would probably struggle too with the screens in the bright sunlight. If it's possible I always use phone apps.
Paul Uden

Previous