Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Inheritance & Donations tax to be eliminated -Comm Valencian

Inheritance & Donations tax to be eliminated -Comm Valencian

Postby Bee » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:28 pm

Inheritance and Donation taxes eliminated and the ITP - property transfer tax - to be reduced and made progressive says new Comm Valenciana President Snr Carlos Mazon.

Bee

Valencian Community and the Balearic Islands eliminate the Inheritance and Donations Tax
The new regional governments led by the PP have fulfilled their electoral promise to put an end to the tax applied to inheritances and donations
The new governments of the Valencian Community and the Balearic Islands have announced this week the end of the Inheritance and Donations Tax, as the Popular Party had promised in its electoral program for the regional and municipal elections on May 28.

Carlos Mazón, the new president of the Generalitat Valenciana thanks to the support of Vox, has been the first to announce the elimination of the tax on inheritances and donations. In fact, it is the first measure of the legislature and he has promised that the tax cuts in the region will be the epicenter of his mandate. Mazón affirmed during the inauguration debate that the suppression of this tribute is "a matter of historical and social dignity" and that while he is in the regional government, citizens "will never again pay twice for the effort of a lifetime . " "Valencian families pay too many taxes to not receive services up to par," he insisted.

Mazón has also confirmed other measures such as lowering the personal income tax for all taxpayers, although especially for medium and low incomes; Eliminate the tourist tax and reduce the Property Transfer Tax (ITP), to make it progressive.

In terms of housing, the challenge has been set to "build the largest number of public housing ever built in these four years" and promote guarantees to help young people get a mortgage to buy a home.

Thus, the regional president has insisted that his objective is to guarantee that the Valencian Community is "an attractive land for investment, employment and the creation of wealth". To this end, he has indicated that he will strengthen legal certainty, reduce bureaucracy and
promote "fiscal competitiveness" so that the region "becomes a national, European and international benchmark in economic leadership."

Other measures agreed between PP and Vox are to eliminate the Wealth Tax , create a framework to support conciliation and teleworking or create a specialized office for advice and support for those affected by squatting . In addition, in the event of an illegal occupation of a property, the promise is to guarantee the right to property by making available to justice all the necessary personal and material means. The two parties have also promised to reduce the number of ministries, senior officials, advisors and unnecessary bodies, promote the development of the Mediterranean Corridor to attract more investment or implement measures to promote birth rates.

https://l.semanal.idealista.com/rts/go2 ... 4bd94df38c
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: Inheritance & Donations tax to be eliminated -Comm Valen

Postby carolandgraeme » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:23 pm

Does it mean that squatters can be removed?
carolandgraeme

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Bee » Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:33 pm

Hopefully they will flesh out what new legal protections will be offered to homeowners against squatters.

Bee
Bee

Postby shemarg » Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:46 pm

Thanks Bee. Does it say anything about inheritance tax for group 3 beneficiaries such as siblings and other near relatives. I live in hope as the way things are I’ll have to sell up or land my poor sister with a huge bill
Also very pleased income tax might be lowered as again I’m amongst the very few who are just above low income so end up
Paying much mite than is proportional to my income
shemarg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Golf. Quesada

Postby Darro » Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:56 pm

carolandgraeme wrote:Does it mean that squatters can be removed?

Hopefully shot on sight!
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Bee » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:50 pm

shemarg one would hope eliminated means eliminated for all categories. I will have a look around and see if there is anything published officially.

Bee
Bee

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:55 pm

Where's Marcliffes post, it was the same?
Chrisdee

Postby marcliff » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:07 pm

ts.
Last edited by marcliff on Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Gustav » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:28 pm

Andalusia?
Can you tell me when it was abolished please,
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby marcliff » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:33 pm

April 2019 originally when the PP got into government but was reinstated by the PSOE but again abolished in Andalusia in April 2022.

As put in the other thread, it can't be abolished as a law as it could not be reinstated in years to come. Both Andalusia and now the Valencia Region give a 99% tax allowance meaning no taxes to pay but is still on the statute books.

Therefore, although the press say "abolished" it is a slight misnomer.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Next