Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Property Advice

Property Advice

Postby Marty4 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:58 am

Hi Guys,

I've just joined the forum, so thanks for accepting me

Some background before I ask any advice.

Myself and my wife are early 40's (41 & 40 from Scotland) and are looking to buy a property in Quesada to use as a holiday home initially.

My mum passed away just over a year ago and I'm fortunate that I was left some money that allows us to avoid needing any sort of mortgage. Our current budget is £75k.

I have identified some properties within that price range and will going to Quesada on 18th Aug for a few days for viewings. hopefully.

Is there any recommended estate agents? or ones to avoid? The properties I have been looking at (Via "A Place In The Sun") are being marketed by the likes of,

• Espana Dream Properties
  • Resale Centre
  • 5 Real Estate
  • Live Med Coast
  • Spanish Property Network
I have independent solicitor recommendations for when we start the process.

Thanks

Martin
Marty4

Which part of Spain are you from?: PORT GLASGOW

Re: Property Advice

Postby Swerve » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:05 am

Go to John and Sue Clark Sapphire Properties.
Swerve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Pepin

Postby suzi wong » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:27 am

Hi, we used Casa Manuel inBenijofar,had great service,being Spain my advice would be find a agent you like & get on with,
& trust,then use them to view other properties on sale with other agents,that’s what we did with casa manuel.I’m sure others will have different views but it worked for us,we wasn’t pressured to buy properties they couldn’t get rid of like some do.Good luck.
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby SC17 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:12 pm

Have a look also on Idealista - it's a bit like right move, but Spanish. Many properties are on with more than one agent, something to be mindful of. We used Hope Properties in Quesada and they were great in helping us find our property.

Also before you buy a property you will need your NIE (we found it easier to do this in London, rather than Spain. It was easier to get an appt for the Spanish Consulate) and a spanish bank account.
SC17

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby suzi wong » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:51 pm

Further to the advice from SC17 above,if you’re not going to be resident in Spain,look at opening a Wise all borders bank a/c,Spanish banks are quite expensive on charges & poor exchange rates,plus encouraging you to open various policies with them.You can operate all your d/debits with Wise & far better exchange rates.
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby Paul M » Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:06 pm

Martin, when considering your total budget, you also need to note the additional costs when buying a house. Taxes, legal and notary fees can add around 13% to the price of the house. Good luck with your search.
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby sunworshipper » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:35 pm

We came out 18 years ago, like you looking for a property to buy. We contacted many Estate Agents and had everything organised before we arrived. In the end we saw a For Sale Se Vende sign that was our “ dream home in the sun” . Keep an open mind and if you see a Private for sale sign , have a look. We saved money as the seller was able to reduce the price as he didn’t have to pay the extortionate Estate Agents fees
Happy in the sun.
sunworshipper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby cheflady » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:09 pm

When we were looking at properties and still in England we signed up with no end of agents Sapphire were the only ones to stick with our budget.please what ever you do DON'T use Roberto's estate agents! Good luck for the future
cheflady

Postby Marty4 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:45 pm

Hi All,

Really appreciate all the replies and advice, very helpful.

I'll get an update on after our trip on 18th Aug

All the best guys...

Cheers

Martin
Marty4

Which part of Spain are you from?: PORT GLASGOW

Postby nenny » Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:33 am

If you need solicitors we can highly recommend SGM Abogados in Benijofar . Very efficient and speak English.
We’ve used them to buy and sell and for our tax returns.
nenny

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Next