Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Registering with a doctor

Re: Registering with a doctor

Postby Darro » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:23 pm

S1 means being in receipt of a state pension, not simply reaching pensionable age.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Chrisdeano » Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:07 am

We are with Mapfre and use Quiron Hospital. If I need an appt I just go direct to the hospital, take a ticket from reception for the appropriate appt needed eg smear- gynae ticket for mammogram you also need to take gynae ticket, and wait till the number comes up. You then go to the desk and make the appt. It can also be done over the phone.
We were told by Mapfre you don’t need to register with a doctor, just go direct to the hospital or phone to make an appointment. They do not do recall smears or mammograms you just have to keep a reminder yourself as to when they are due and make the appt.
We’ve been here nearly 5 years and it’s never been a problem to get an appointment. It just seems strange going to the hospital without being referred by GP.
Chrisdeano

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Brewingdog » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:06 pm

Chrisdeano wrote:We are with Mapfre and use Quiron Hospital. If I need an appt I just go direct to the hospital, take a ticket from reception for the appropriate appt needed eg smear- gynae ticket for mammogram you also need to take gynae ticket, and wait till the number comes up. You then go to the desk and make the appt. It can also be done over the phone.
We were told by Mapfre you don’t need to register with a doctor, just go direct to the hospital or phone to make an appointment. They do not do recall smears or mammograms you just have to keep a reminder yourself as to when they are due and make the appt.
We’ve been here nearly 5 years and it’s never been a problem to get an appointment. It just seems strange going to the hospital without being referred by GP.

That's all really good advice. Yes just turning up at a hospital for a check up without a GP visit first is strange. From what your saying my wife would need to go to reception, be given a ticket and when her number is called she would go to be checked by a gynaecologist. No appointment necessary. Is this right.
Brewingdog

Which part of Spain are you from?: Salford

Postby lindylou23 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:41 pm

No she would go to the desk when her number comes up on the screen to make the appointments that she requires with one of the receptionists.

Get the ticket first for the department you want by using ticket machines,you can change language to English if needed.

Remember to take your insurance card as they might ask for id so TIE or passport will be OK.

I've been to numerous appointments at Quiron and every now and then they ask for proof of identity.

I do my appointments via the Quiron app, phoning can be frustrating, however going in person is better than phoning.
lindylou23

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Brewingdog » Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:41 pm

Just to update. Went to Quirón hospital, got a ticket from the machine, waited our turn. My wife managed to book a cervical screening for early August. A mammogram appointment will be sent by post. I booked for a consultation with the doctor for an ECG.
Brewingdog

Postby Paul Uden » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:50 pm

Thank you for the update. That will be very useful and reassuring information for people new to the area who are not (yet) eligible for state health care.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Brewingdog » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:58 pm

Paul Uden wrote:Thank you for the update. That will be very useful and reassuring information for people new to the area who are not (yet) eligible for state health care.

To be honest I lost control of the situation a little (language) as I wanted to book blood tests. But things are becoming slightly clearer.
Brewingdog

Postby lindylou23 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:25 pm

Brewingdog wrote:Just to update. Went to Quirón hospital, got a ticket from the machine, waited our turn. My wife managed to book a cervical screening for early August. A mammogram appointment will be sent by post. I booked for a consultation with the doctor for an ECG.

Glad all went OK.

If/when you see a Consultant you should be offered a translator as standard (when you book in on the day of appointment) especially if he/she (Dr) doesn't speak much English.

The Reception will ask you if you need one, if they don't then ask them if you will need a translator

I don't feel one is needed for mammogram as pretty straightforward.
lindylou23

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Chrisdeano » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:03 pm

Good, glad you’re sorted, seems a bit strange at first. I’ve booked for blood tests today over the phone, and the girl making the appt said it would be ‘general ‘ that I need.
Chrisdeano

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:59 pm

Can you just have what you want, when you want, that's how it sounds?
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

PreviousNext