Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Registering with a doctor

Registering with a doctor

Postby Brewingdog » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:14 pm

We are covered medically by our private medical insurance. We have used the doctors surgery by the Arches on one occasion and we're aware to use the Quirón hospital if needed. We are newly residents. Do we still need to register with our local medical centre and sign up with a doctor there. If so, how do we do it. What would we need. My concern is regular check ups and vaccinations. Are we missing out on these. Any advice would be welcome.
Brewingdog

Which part of Spain are you from?: Salford

Re: Registering with a doctor

Postby Darro » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:38 pm

If you are on private health insurance then you cannot register at a public facility, at least not before your first year is up or you qualify for an S1 from UK.

Consult your insurer for your needs or, as you have already done, see a private doctor.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Brewingdog » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:43 pm

Thanks. I really appreciate your reply. Put my mind at rest.
Brewingdog

Postby Gustav » Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:10 pm

Darro wrote:If you are on private health insurance then you cannot register at a public facility, at least not before your first year is up or you qualify for an S1 from UK.

Consult your insurer for your needs or, as you have already done, see a private doctor.

Anyone already registered with a state doctor/ public facility and a entitled resident, can also have private medical insurance and use a private doctor if they wish
Last edited by Gustav on Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Brewingdog » Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:15 pm

So I can register with a health centre and also use my private health care insurance depending on what the health issue is. The one that comes to mind is if my wife was due a cervical screening examination, is this arrangement done through her insurance. Normally it's arranged by her doctor in the UK.
Brewingdog

Postby lindylou23 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:53 pm

Our insurance Salus does a yearly Well Woman and Well Man check as standard part of the cover we have.

So I just phone either Imed or Quiron, as I can use both and make the appointment. Then go back for the results.

Check your policy to see if this is available on your insurance cover.

Eight years with this company and never had a problem.

If there are vaccinations that private health care do not provide, as in the case of the Covid vaccine, we went to Lo Marabu Health Centre where they administered them.
Last edited by lindylou23 on Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lindylou23

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Paul M » Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:53 pm

If you are entitled to public health care, you can also buy and use private healthcare for anything you choose.
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Brewingdog » Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:55 pm

lindylou23 wrote:Our insurance Salus does a yearly Well Woman and Well Man check as standard part of the cover we have.

So I just phone either Imed or Quiron, as I can use both and make the appointment. Then go back for the results.

Check your policy to see if this is available on your insurance cover.

Eight years with this company and never had a problem.

Great information. I'll take a look.
Brewingdog

Postby Darro » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:25 pm

Brewingdog wrote:So I can register with a health centre and also use my private health care insurance depending on what the health issue is.

No you cannot, you have to be entitled to public health care and that can only be by employment, being signed up to Convenio Especial, or by having an S1 registered with your local salud.

If you are so entitled then yes, by all means you can have private insurance if you wish.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Brewingdog » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:30 pm

Darro wrote:
Brewingdog wrote:So I can register with a health centre and also use my private health care insurance depending on what the health issue is.

No you cannot, you have to be entitled to public health care and that can only be by employment, being signed up to Convenio Especial, or by having an S1 registered with your local salud.

By S1, do you mean by reaching UK state pension age.

If you are so entitled then yes, by all means you can have private insurance if you wish.
Brewingdog

Next