Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

fitted wardrobes

fitted wardrobes

Postby La Bodega » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:24 am

I need a couple of fitted wardrobes built (built in wardrobes) and no-one seems to advertise these with prices attached. I asked a company in Benijofer for prices but they said they needed to come and measure at my house first. They came last week and measured up and decided what went into the wardrobes, hanging rails, shelves and a couple of drawers. This morning i received there quote and nearly fainted, even without the tax it is double what i had expected to pay. Has anyone any recommendations for a company that has reasonable prices?
La Bodega

Which part of Spain are you from?: daya nueva

Re: fitted wardrobes

Postby nannyabroad » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:06 am

Lords Wood yard, they have a display on show. On the back road past Zocco market, towards San Miguel. Had our second wardrobe done by them, so much cheaper, and in my opinion better quality.
nannyabroad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby Benbow » Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:17 pm

Everyone's an expert! If you wanted a knee replacement and it was quoted as 12000€, would you ask for someone who could put a cheaper one in.
Benbow

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Sylvc » Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:43 pm

We used lords Wood for all of our wardrobes. Very pleased with all aspects including choice, quality, workmanship and communication as well as price. Well worth a visit as suggested by nanny abroad
Sylvc

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Gustav » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:07 am

Benbow wrote:Everyone's an expert! If you wanted a knee replacement and it was quoted as 12000€, would you ask for someone who could put a cheaper one in.

People do,
Thats why some go abroad etc for treatment, as they are on a budget,but require medical help desperately within there budget,
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby sarnia cherie » Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:23 pm

Benbow what a totally irrelevant and unnecessary comment. What has knee surgery got to do with with getting a good deal for fitted wardrobes?
sarnia cherie

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo pepin

Postby La Bodega » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:19 am

Thank you all. I will go and visit Lords this week.
La Bodega

Which part of Spain are you from?: daya nueva

Postby HarvHar2018 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:42 am

It may be worthwhile asking a good joiner/Carpenter for a quote, as they may get a trade discount buying the materials which can be passed down to you
Keep your face always towards the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you
HarvHar2018

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Kenbo » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:46 am

La Bodega wrote:I need a couple of fitted wardrobes built (built in wardrobes) and no-one seems to advertise these with prices attached. I asked a company in Benijofer for prices but they said they needed to come and measure at my house first. They came last week and measured up and decided what went into the wardrobes, hanging rails, shelves and a couple of drawers. This morning i received there quote and nearly fainted, even without the tax it is double what i had expected to pay. Has anyone any recommendations for a company that has reasonable prices?

I am replacing double wardrobe doors that also has 2 smaller doors above and all the architrave, no changes to interior, quote was just under €700 from Lords Wood which I thought very fair, job going ahead on next visit in Oct.
Kenbo

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Florida