Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Shingrix Vaccine

Shingrix Vaccine

Postby Bee » Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:01 pm

Is there anybody on here getting the Shingrix vaccine for shingles? I have had a request to find out how much the Shingrix vaccine is for private patients in Spain? Many thanks

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: Shingrix Vaccine

Postby elchedave » Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:37 pm

Bee,
I can't answer the question regarding vaccine cost but a few years ago i had shingles & the meds, including an injection & tablets cost circa 200 euros. Dr Ballester at the Quesada medical centre said "we need to act quickly" so cost,for me, didn't come into it.
Regards,
Dave
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Bee » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:14 pm

Thanks Dave. Yes the vaccine is a lifesaver seemingly for those who suffer with this painful disease. It is probably available free on the Spanish Health System €568 was what was quoted in Ireland for 2 doses of the vaccine. It is not available on the Health Service.

Bee
Bee

Postby Mac3blade » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:03 pm

My husband ‘s cousin got Shingles last year ( they live in Spain). Vaccine not freely available in Spain but she did get good medication and got well quite quickly. Everyone in U.K. gets vaccinated either at 60 or possibly 70. Thank goodness.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Bee » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:20 pm

Thanks R. Yes people in the UK are lucky. You also have the free annual pneumonia vaccine.

Bee
Bee

Postby Anniep » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:51 pm

I know shingles is the same virus as chickenpox, which remains in the body , my husband was saying he can’t remember if he had chicken pox as a child, ,so I assume you don’t then have the shingles vaccine if offered?
Anniep

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu

Postby Steve wilkins » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:03 pm

Shingles is a listed side effect from the covid jabs as specified on the forced released documents from pfizer. It is one one the 1300 listed potential side effects from the vaccine. Which they tried to bury for 75 years.

But go ahead and keep getting jabs. For the love of god.
Steve wilkins

Postby Anniep » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:32 pm

Did I ask about covid? NO! Shingles has been around before Covid, and a side effect of covid? Not the vaccine, my 48 son now has severe heart problems, not from any vaccine but from Covid, so if you can’t answer my question about shingles , I’m not interested
Anniep

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu

Postby Steve wilkins » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:40 pm

Did your son have "A"or a combination of the covid vaccine? If not then no worries. If he did, and now he is suffering from heart issues, all i am saying is those symptoms are listed in the side effects of the covid jab. I'm not saying one thing or another. But those symptoms are listed. Make of that what you will.
Steve wilkins

Postby cheflady » Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:01 am

Hi Bee I had the pneumonia jab because I've had pneumonia twice but they said that one jab lasts for life!
cheflady

Next