Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

SMOKING IS BACK FOLKS

Re: SMOKING IS BACK FOLKS

Postby SWT » Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:35 pm

marcliff wrote:Put away your pitchforks and fiery torches. Amazing how many topics get hijacked on here.

1 in 4 hospitality areas in the Alicante province will not allow smoking on the terraces. Over half, with the appropriate room, will have smoking areas but will keep non smoking areas on the terraces. Smoking areas will be specifically signed and have canvas sides along them.

Now, if only they would ban parents who allow their kds to run riot in bars and restaurants we could all be happy. And their crappy little dogs who, of course, they all pick up after (Hah!)

Of course, the nice aircon areas inside will still be smoke free and nobody bothers about sitting on the pavements with cars and trucks going past belching out more smoke and fumes than any smoker.

The tolerant and intolerant can now live happily ever after.
And maybe no more threads will be started on the same subject. But I doubt it.

:text-goodpost:
SWT

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Ginner » Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:48 pm

marcliff wrote:Put away your pitchforks and fiery torches. Amazing how many topics get hijacked on here.

1 in 4 hospitality areas in the Alicante province will not allow smoking on the terraces. Over half, with the appropriate room, will have smoking areas but will keep non smoking areas on the terraces. Smoking areas will be specifically signed and have canvas sides along them.

Now, if only they would ban parents who allow their kds to run riot in bars and restaurants we could all be happy. And their crappy little dogs who, of course, they all pick up after (Hah!)

Of course, the nice aircon areas inside will still be smoke free and nobody bothers about sitting on the pavements with cars and trucks going past belching out more smoke and fumes than any smoker.

I’m sorry but this is a forum to discuss such things and people are entitled to do so, so whether you agree or disagree is your prerogative. I like to see both sides to an argument.
Ginner

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Pete31 » Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:25 pm

HarvHar2018 wrote:If i was really that bothered about smokers then i would just stay away from places that permit smoking, simples really eh, plenty of places to choose from

Yea, where?
Pete31

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entra Naranjos

Postby Neradd » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:31 pm

Pete31 wrote:
HarvHar2018 wrote:If i was really that bothered about smokers then i would just stay away from places that permit smoking, simples really eh, plenty of places to choose from

Yea, where?

If you had taken the time to read the original announcement instead of getting on your self entitled high horse you would have seen that it was down to the individual owners of the Cafe / bar / Restaurant.

So until they make a decision how would anyone know???

The Good News is... Going Forward, YOU now have the power to decide where you can eat and drink and which Cafe / Bar / Restaurant owner can have the pleasure of your compnay...
How Good is that??
Neradd

Which part of Spain are you from?: Marquesa

Postby HarvHar2018 » Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:39 pm

Brilliant the OP knew what they were doing and it worked a treat, here fishy fishy :text-lol: :text-lol: :text-lol:
Keep your face always towards the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you
HarvHar2018

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby YogiBear39 » Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:05 pm

That's the worse thing to happen lifting that...
YogiBear39

Which part of Spain are you from?: SWANSEA

Postby Mac3blade » Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:20 am

I grew up when it was normal for people to smoke but over the years people stopped smoking and the air became fresher and cleaner. Sometimes, when on the beach I suddenly start to cough and realise that a smoker is close by. I love to enjoy a meal outside and detest it when people smoke nearby. This summer I’ve been in restaurants where people smoked so we either moved or finished up and left. Non smokers are affected by cigarette smoke when in close proximity.
I’be been a fundraiser for Cancer Research U.K. for over 30 years and regularly we are invited to the research lab at the City Hospital in Belfast to familiarise ourselves with the advances being made through science. We were shown a black organ and asked what we thought it was. It was like pitch black tar. It was a cancerous lung removed from a patient. Horrendous to see the damage and all the pockets of cancer throughout it. The scientist told us that when smokers stop smoking? The lung will regenerate itself ( not 100%) but when she told us that people using vapes are causing terrible damage and after stopping the lung will not regenerate itself. Vapes are something to avoid at all costs as indeed is smoking.
I hope restaurants provide a smoking area well away from other guests.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Yan » Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:25 am

:text-goodpost:
Yan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby alistair1965 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:04 am

very well said
alistair1965

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby mondo » Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:28 am

Mac3blade wrote:I grew up when it was normal for people to smoke but over the years people stopped smoking and the air became fresher and cleaner. Sometimes, when on the beach I suddenly start to cough and realise that a smoker is close by. I love to enjoy a meal outside and detest it when people smoke nearby. This summer I’ve been in restaurants where people smoked so we either moved or finished up and left. Non smokers are affected by cigarette smoke when in close proximity.
I’be been a fundraiser for Cancer Research U.K. for over 30 years and regularly we are invited to the research lab at the City Hospital in Belfast to familiarise ourselves with the advances being made through science. We were shown a black organ and asked what we thought it was. It was like pitch black tar. It was a cancerous lung removed from a patient. Horrendous to see the damage and all the pockets of cancer throughout it. The scientist told us that when smokers stop smoking? The lung will regenerate itself ( not 100%) but when she told us that people using vapes are causing terrible damage and after stopping the lung will not regenerate itself. Vapes are something to avoid at all costs as indeed is smoking.
I hope restaurants provide a smoking area well away from other guests.

Totally agree with MacBlade.

Last year a smoker friend of mine died from lung cancer...a slow and unpleasant death...she would rush back from oncology so she could have a fag!!..

And ..why do smokers feel they have to hold their cigarettes over their shoulder after each puff? They keep the smoke from themselves but give it to those behind. Grrrrr...

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

PreviousNext