Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Consumer rights (trading standards equivalent)

Consumer rights (trading standards equivalent)

Postby Steve wilkins » Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:56 pm

Hi.

I am with Movistar pay and go. It seems that they have decided it's ok to siphon several euros at a time from my balance even when the phone is not being used. This is simply no less than stealing. I wish to do something about it, but don't know where to turn. They only offer customer service in Spanish (understandably), and the only way to contact them online is via any number of social media platforms which i am not a member of.

Does anyone have any contact details (preferably email addresses) to any consumer rights or complaints organisations, so i can get advice on how i can report them? Alternatively, does anyone know of any movistar shops in which i can go in and complain (in English) to them in person?

Any help appreciated.
Steve wilkins

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: Consumer rights (trading standards equivalent)

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:10 pm

I had that, my 20 euros went in days, you need a contract with lobster or Labarra or if you have internet add a mobile. That's what we did.
Chrisdee

Postby jpeg » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:44 pm

movistar have a store on Roman Gallard in Torrevieja
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:52 pm

Theres one in Haberneras thats easier to get to, especially for parking, in the basement along by C+A

jpeg wrote:movistar have a store on Roman Gallard in Torrevieja
Chrisdee

Postby colint » Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:53 pm

Good luck with getting anything back from them iam Movistar and if i top up to 10€ next day 5€ had been taken so i only top up with 5€ a time it's the data connection that takes the 5 € even tho i have it turned off on phone and have it turned off from there server it still does it if i dont have a wifi connection gave up talking to them as you get noware :|
colint

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Steve wilkins » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:46 am

I have no plan active and it’s a true pay & go setup i.e you top up 10e, and you get 10e. I have data and roaming switched off, yet they like to help themselves to the credit as and when they want. Who knows what position this would put me or anyone in if we broke down in the middle of nowhere. Imagine thinking you’ve got 10e balance but in reality you have nothing because Movistar stole it all without you knowing. Absolute scoundrels. I used to recommend them but not anymore. These need to be held accountable.
Steve wilkins

Postby Graham_Lynn » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:28 am

It’s the data running in the background and the very basic PAYG with Movistar charges you 4€ per day data connection charge. So either turn off the automatic updates and remember to perform manual updates when you’re on Wi-Fi. Or switch off the data on your phone - however that would mean you’d miss and not be able to use WhatsApp and Messenger calls when you’re out and about (away from WI-FI), but that’ll would still incur the 4€ charge should someone try to contact you or vice versa.
You can check your balance using the app, but doing that is yet another chargeable service that’s automatically deducted from your balance.
Don’t know how much you use your phone, but there’s also a connection charge made each time you make a call. That eats up your balance as well.

Or switch to another provider.
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Steve wilkins » Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:06 pm

It’s not the data as I said previously, no plans are active and data is disabled. I could have the phone on aeroplane mode with 10e on it, then come back in 2 months and it’s down to 3e, even though it’s had no use.

It’s Movistar being thieving barstewards.
Steve wilkins

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:31 pm

You won't get anywhere you'll just get more angry, change to a cheap 7 euro a month contract or maybe slightly more
Chrisdee

Postby telmel » Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:52 pm

Its not just them , Avatel occassionaly take an extra euro or two from our monthly fee charging us for ficticious text messages , we never send texts as they are not part of our plan, besides we have whatsapp so send messages free , text messaging is no longer needed
When we call to complain they take a note of them but never get refunded
I suspect they do it with everybody to increase profits
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Next

Return to Quesada general discussion