Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Reporting Full Recycle bins ?

Re: Reporting Full Recycle bins ?

Postby Paul Uden » Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:47 pm

Paul & Doreen Conlin wrote:Who is our councillor ? Does anyone have a contact number or email address ?

Details of the local government team are on the town hall website with their email addresses (see attached). The phone number is: 966 71 50 01
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Gustav » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:10 pm

Haze wrote:I have lived here over 9 years and this problem has steadily increased due to couple of things. Rojales are just agreeing to building houses everywhere in and around Quesada but they don't do anything about the infrastructure prime example removal of household waste and especially recycling bins are the worst. People take it upon thereselves to dump house furniture and garden waste plus once saw a whole palm tree in the bin. In peak holiday time recycling is unbelievable overload. Some people attitude is not in their street out of sight and mind. In years gone by you could relay on regular bin collection in our area ever night 11.30pm. To make matters worse it's a Red day next Tuesday so that means mountains of rubbish and recycling I really feel sorry for people who live next to a bin. In my opinion for what it's worth. Quesada people need to collectively organise a campaign and petition to lobby the town hall with lots of evidence photos etc we all pay Suma but we are not getting a service.

Infrastructure?
They built a new state of the art sewage works,Wonder if it absorbs all the crap! n petty complaints, new cycle lanes , good quality roads, new layout of Quesada main street, new water mains, it all takes time,
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby JohnES » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:30 pm

OldePeculiar wrote:Gecor is a smartphone App

I do not own a smart phone as I do not need one. So all these apps are no good to me.
I noticed yesterday travelling through parts of Quesada that there are several recycle bins for plastic that are full to overflowing.
This would suggest that the council does not have a contractor at present to empty these bins.
They have a history of messing up contracts with the normal refuse company.
JohnES

Postby Paul Uden » Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:21 pm

JohnES wrote:

I do not own a smart phone as I do not need one. So all these apps are no good to me.
I noticed yesterday travelling through parts of Quesada that there are several recycle bins for plastic that are full to overflowing.
This would suggest that the council does not have a contractor at present to empty these bins.

If you don't "need" a smartphone for anything else then you can report incidents here via the Gecor website instead:

https://gecorweb.com/
Paul Uden

Postby lindylou23 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:34 pm

Paul Uden wrote:
JohnES wrote:

If you don't "need" a smartphone for anything else then you can report incidents here via the Gecor website instead:

https://gecorweb.com/

:text-goodpost: :text-goodpost:
lindylou23

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby JohnES » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:29 pm

I prefer to deal with real people and not some anonymous website. I have sent e-mails to Derek Monks and to the [email protected]
for several years and got results. I understand that Derek has retired but I do not know if he has been replaced in Quesada. He was the only Councillor we had in Quesada.
JohnES

Postby Paul Uden » Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:07 pm

JohnES wrote:I prefer to deal with real people and not some anonymous website. I have sent e-mails to Derek Monks and to the [email protected]
for several years and got results. I understand that Derek has retired but I do not know if he has been replaced in Quesada. He was the only Councillor we had in Quesada.

I've already posted all our current council team members and their email addresses earlier in the thread. They are public information on the town hall website. They have also posted a message in English on their Instagram site today (see attached) with accompanying pictures of the mess people are leaving around the bins.
Paul Uden

Previous