Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Reporting Full Recycle bins ?

Reporting Full Recycle bins ?

Postby JohnES » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:26 am

The plastic recycle bin in our street has been full to overflowing for more than 2 weeks now. I did send an e-mail to the council office in Quesada on Monday but I have had no response, no doubt because they are on holiday. Does anyone have a contact number to try and get this bin emptied before we get the overspill all over the street ?
JohnES

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Reporting Full Recycle bins ?

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:54 am

The bins in Torrevieja have a number on them to contact them, not very big and clear, perhaps yours have too?
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Graham_Lynn » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:18 am

You need to contact Gecor to report it.

It happens at this time every year, when there’s a huge influx of holidaymakers, which obviously means more rubbish being produced.

Lynn
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby dewicymro » Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:15 pm

I've used Gecor to report the same thing on our street and looking at the progress of the issue it never gets past the first stage, so it appears nobody's bothering to read them. I've been to the ayuntamiento at Plaza Blanca twice and all they do is offer to phone the company, but still no action. According to a friend to lives in Rojales pueblo the recycling bins there get emptied every day even through the summer, so why we can't have ours emptied say once a week is beyond me.
dewicymro

Postby JohnES » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:34 am

I have no idea what or who Gecor is. Without a contact number it is not much use. However I did receive a reply from the town hall later yesterday morning. I do know that somebody from the town hall does monitor complaints in the local newspapers. Perhaps they also monitor Talk Quesada.
JohnES

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:02 am

Google is your friend.
Just Google it and it tells you what you can do

JohnES wrote:I have no idea what or who Gecor is. Without a contact number it is not much use. However I did receive a reply from the town hall later yesterday morning. I do know that somebody from the town hall does monitor complaints in the local newspapers. Perhaps they also monitor Talk Quesada.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby OldePeculiar » Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:58 pm

Gecor is a smartphone App
OldePeculiar

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Pepin

Postby Graham_Lynn » Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:38 pm

JohnES wrote:I have no idea what or who Gecor is. Without a contact number it is not much use. However I did receive a reply from the town hall later yesterday morning. I do know that somebody from the town hall does monitor complaints in the local newspapers. Perhaps they also monitor Talk Quesada.

Gecor took over from linea verde earlier on this year. The ayuntamiento advised to report problems over street lighting, trash etc to Gecor. Any old telephone numbers or email addresses will no longer be valid.

https://gecorweb.com/?fbclid=IwAR1b7vPWUylTJMFpo8cdn_fjiMsGVI66KZ6NW_UmVnxP84NSgf6V1LqCoAc
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Haze » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:49 am

I have lived here over 9 years and this problem has steadily increased due to couple of things. Rojales are just agreeing to building houses everywhere in and around Quesada but they don't do anything about the infrastructure prime example removal of household waste and especially recycling bins are the worst. People take it upon thereselves to dump house furniture and garden waste plus once saw a whole palm tree in the bin. In peak holiday time recycling is unbelievable overload. Some people attitude is not in their street out of sight and mind. In years gone by you could relay on regular bin collection in our area ever night 11.30pm. To make matters worse it's a Red day next Tuesday so that means mountains of rubbish and recycling I really feel sorry for people who live next to a bin. In my opinion for what it's worth. Quesada people need to collectively organise a campaign and petition to lobby the town hall with lots of evidence photos etc we all pay Suma but we are not getting a service.
Haze

Postby Paul & Doreen Conlin » Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:15 pm

Who is our councillor ? Does anyone have a contact number or email address ?
Paul & Doreen Conlin

Which part of Spain are you from?: UK presently

Next