Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

SIP card query

SIP card query

Postby elchedave » Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:20 pm

Hi all,
Having reached UK state pension age we have now received our Spanish SIP cards. The card says Generalitat Valencia & sistema nacional de salud de España, my question is, are the SIP cards valid in the whole of Spain & it's Islands (Ibiza, Mallorca etc) or just in the Valencian Community area.
Thanks in advance.
Dave
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Re: SIP card query

Postby marcliff » Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:37 pm

elchedave wrote:Hi all,
Having reached UK state pension age we have now received our Spanish SIP cards. The card says Generalitat Valencia & sistema nacional de salud de España, my question is, are the SIP cards valid in the whole of Spain & it's Islands (Ibiza, Mallorca etc) or just in the Valencian Community area.
Thanks in advance.
Dave

All over Spain but not sure of the Canaries. They are valid in the Balearic Islands.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby elchedave » Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:53 pm

:text-thankyouyellow: Marcliff
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Bee » Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:13 pm

It says the whole of the territory of Spain so that would include the Canary Islands.

https://www.san.gva.es/es/web/tarjeta-sanitaria

It is not that long ago as I recall that the Comm Valenciana agreed this concession. It may have been that all Independent Communities were required to do so by Government Order.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby marcliff » Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:17 pm

Bee wrote:It says the whole of the territory of Spain so that would include the Canary Islands.

https://www.san.gva.es/es/web/tarjeta-sanitaria

It is not that long ago as I recall that the Comm Valenciana agreed this concession. It may have been that all Independent Communities were required to do so by Government Order.

Bee

Not so long ago? It's been six years. Doesn't time fly.
And Canary Islands have some different rules to the rest of Spain which is why i said not sure.
marcliff

Postby Tina and Gary » Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:19 pm

We had sip cards in Tenerife for many years and exchanged for a Valencian one when we moved here . A very simple procedure so would say they are valid everywhere in Spain . Hope that helps
Tina and Gary

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby marcliff » Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:33 pm

Tina and Gary wrote:We had sip cards in Tenerife for many years and exchanged for a Valencian one when we moved here . A very simple procedure so would say they are valid everywhere in Spain . Hope that helps

Up until 6 years ago they were only valid in the region that issued them. If you moved you had to change them but you couldn't use them in a different region. Now you can as they've integrated the whole system.
marcliff