Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Satellite

Re: Satellite

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:35 am

You will need a minimum of a 1.4 metre offset - which won't give you 100% - but covers most of the Freesat channels. Even with a dish of this size there is some weaknesses - for example BBC 1 HD can be weak - but SD ok. We've found some new LNB's which improve the signal on these dishes, so can make them perform better than a few months ago. A 1.8/1.9-metre dish is a better solution - but it is bigger and whilst can be wall-mounted, need to be careful due to windloading - so better floor-mounted.

Any second-hand dish if purchased - needs to be seen working, as if its been pulled about, even a little bit can be enough to throw the signal off at this level & its nigh on impossible to 'bend it back' so it works as it did when new.

If you have the internet at the property - then IPTV without a dish also an option.

We've been established locally for 15 years in TV & telecoms - if you need any more advice, welcome to email [email protected]

Paul
Paul - TV Techie

Which part of Spain are you from?: almoradi, alicante

Previous