Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

UK Pensions compared

Re: UK Pensions compared

Postby jpeg » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:41 am

Here is a link to a very helpful guide
https://www.ageinspain.org/_files/ugd/4 ... 569f38.pdf
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby pedrosloggett » Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:47 pm

jpeg wrote:
John T wrote:Don’t forget you can’t claim additional benefits if you are a resident in Spain!!

Wrong there are quite a few add-ons you can claim as a spanish resident UK citizen you need to do your homework one of them is attendance allowance

https://www.ageinspain.org/post/attenda ... ance-guide

If you read the guide there are not 'quite a few add-ons'. There are 2. and carers allowance relies on the person already getting attendance allowance which in itself is not easy to qualify for. You need to have serious disability to claim either.

In the U.K. there is a whole raft of financial help but we chose to move to another country so why should they support us when we spend our money here. If we need their support we can always move back.
pedrosloggett

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby wilbhoy67 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:06 pm

Barry martyn wrote:if you are worried about your pension then you cant afford it , keep working .

hope this helps

I can see a new slogan and poster:

Work Till You Die. Your Country Needs You To!
wilbhoy67

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Luis

Postby Mac3blade » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:23 pm

I’m absolutely shocked at some of you people who feel bitter and annoyed with the British government. Everyone knows that each of us are supposed to fend for ourselves. Why do you expect handouts? We’ve never been given much by the government but think I got free dental care when I was pregnant 40 odd years ago. We never expected to get any help either. My husband was working and in our day, that’s how it worked. You cut your cloth according to your needs.
We were out for a meal earlier this evening and my son in law commented on the number of diners, mostly young. No shortage of money it would seem. The news reported that coffee shops were doing very well in todays environment. I see no sign of poverty here in (NI). It makes me smile when they interview people who profess to be struggling and they have their acrylic nails and blonde hair done to perfection! Clearly very hard up.
The benefit system in the U.K. is not to be sneezed at. I wish people would stop running down the government. Nobody is starving and I know people who are volunteers at food banks who are suspicious of many people who are now coming for help. We, as a nation are a generous bunch and we continually give money and donations to those in need. It saddens me to hear the nasty gibes at politicians who were fortunate enough to have been educated at schools such as Eaton. The salaries they earn as politicians is far below what they could be earning in the city. Lots of people want to help society. Stop knocking people. Look at yourself and ask what you have done for your fellow man.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Previous