Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Sip card renewal

Sip card renewal

Postby Pete31 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:41 pm

Hi folks, have been told that the sip card has to be renewed every 2 years have had mine since 2019?
Any one can give advice.

Pete.
Pete31

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entra Naranjos

Re: Sip card renewal

Postby marcliff » Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:20 pm

Nope, SIP card does not need renewing.
However, it is linked to the padron. If you are a temporary resident not covered by the withdrawal agreement (eg with an NLV or other visa) then the padron needs renewing every 2 years.
If resident under the withdrawal agreement or a permanent resident over 5 years then the padron needs renewing every 5 years.

But the SIP card does not as it automatically continues along with the padron.

And, of course, if doing anything official that requires proving you are on the padron then it must be within 3 months of date.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Brewingdog » Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:19 pm

marcliff wrote:Nope, SIP card does not need renewing.
However, it is linked to the padron. If you are a temporary resident not covered by the withdrawal agreement (eg with an NLV or other visa) then the padron needs renewing every 2 years.
If resident under the withdrawal agreement or a permanent resident over 5 years then the padron needs renewing every 5 years.

And, of course, if doing anything official that requires proving you are on the padron then it must be within 3 months of date.

Good to know.
Brewingdog

Which part of Spain are you from?: Salford

Postby Pete31 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:57 pm

marcliff wrote:Nope, SIP card does not need renewing.

Thanks Marcliff not sure when I had my last padrón so what do I need to do as my Spanish is not brilliant.
Regards Pete.
Pete31

Postby marcliff » Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:12 pm

Look at the date on the last padron? Then contact the town hall that you come under (Los Montesinos?) to renew it if it is running out.
We have had letters in the past from the town hall telling us it is coming up for renewal but ours is due next month and we haven't had one yet.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Pete31 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:32 pm

marcliff wrote:Look at the date on the last padron? Then contact the town hall that you come under (Los Montesinos?) to renew it if it is running out.
We have had letters in the past from the town hall telling us it is coming up for renewal but ours is due next month and we haven't had one yet.

Cheers mate :text-thankyouyellow: :text-thankyouyellow:
Pete31

Postby Paul Uden » Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:45 pm

Pete31 wrote:
marcliff wrote:Look at the date on the last padron? Then contact the town hall that you come under (Los Montesinos?) to renew it if it is running out.

Cheers mate :text-thankyouyellow: :text-thankyouyellow:

I think Entre Naranjos originally came under Jacarilla, but it's expanded massively since then so it may be divided between there and Los Montesinos now. Your current padron will have your town hall name at the top and on the official stamp.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Mutton76 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:15 am

For the Padron Entrenaranjos comes under Torremendo and has to be replaced either in Orihuela or Playa Flamenca
Mutton76

Which part of Spain are you from?: Los Montesinos

Postby Paul Uden » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:33 am

Mutton76 wrote:For the Padron Entrenaranjos comes under Torremendo and has to be replaced either in Orihuela or Playa Flamenca

Thank you for confirming. Much simpler in Quesada!
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Pete31 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:40 pm

Hi guys thanks, we need to replace ours in player flamenca. Why we have to go so far is amazing
Some older people have no transport but it’s spain so there we go!
Pete31

Next