Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Mercedes SLK - Help!! - UPDATE

If you have had good service and would like to recommend a reputable Company or a Tradesman or woman, please do so here.

Re: Mercedes SLK - Help!!

Postby Camdenlady » Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:49 am

Not sure if you have managed to get your car fixed yet, but can recommend these guys. Alex fixed our roof mechanism, was very reasonable and came to us.
Camdenlady

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Juanita » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:57 am

Thank you all for your recommendations. Very much appreciated.
Juanita

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Mac3blade » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:05 pm

We bought a CLK 22 years ago and still have it. It can be a positive nightmare trying to find a good person to sort out some of the problems these cars throw up.
Have you gone online to ask the Mercedes forum? People with cars like your own have had the same problem. Usually, the electrics start to behave badly when someone has messed with the cables under the seats. You’ll need a good electrical mechanic.
These cars are fun to drive but can be annoying. We’ve found a genius here in (NI) who has managed to keep the car in great order. . Our car is technically only worth a few hundred pounds but my husband loved to keep it for summer outings and refuses to part with it. I love it too and it’s great as a back up.
Check out the forum and take it from there.
Good luck. It’ll be worth the effort when you sorted out the problems.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Juanita » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:58 pm

Thank you Mac3blade. We have now booked the car in with a recommended garage, so fingers crossed we can get it sorted. Such a shame we have these mainly electrical/roof problems cos the engine runs perfectly!
Juanita

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Mac3blade » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:27 am

Let us know how you get on. I’m sure they can fix it and you’ll be back on the road again for another few years. Mercedes are WORKHORSES. GREAT CARS, particularly the older cars. Built to last with big solid doors unlike the news cars!! Our new Mercedesis like a fun fair inside. Lots of lights glowing all around the footwell and doors. Absolutely unnecessary. I don’t like them at all. Keyless, another nonsense. My daughter’s husband drove her car to the office and jumped out in Belfast to allow her to continue on her journey!! Key still in his pocket. After a few miles she suddenly realised that she couldn’t stop the car as it wouldn’t restart without the key. A speedy turnaround was required and back to retrieve the key. All these modern inventions and adaptations in our cars are not always welcome. I miss the handle for the window!! Too many electrics in the car which end up costing money to repair.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Previous