Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Mum and kittens

Mum and kittens

Postby Babsie » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:11 pm

I am desperate! I have been feeding my neighbours cat and two kittens since she died . They come to me regular twice a day and although I am really a dog lover, since our last dog passed a few weeks ago, they have helped with my grieving.
However,my husband had major surgery in February and looks like there is a big problem again which will mean him going back into hodpital. I want to be with him so will be staying in too, dont know how long for or when, but probably from sometime next week. I have tried the CES Rojales, the one in San Miguel,the one in Torrevieja, but none can take them. As a long shot is there a cat lover out there who could possibly take all three? They do their own thing in the day and as I say they are on my doorstep like clockwork twice a day for food and drink. You might need a cage for them or a cat carrier, unfortunately I have nudda.
Be so grateful as hate to think of them hungry and really do not know it I can now cope with animals right now. I must concentrate on my husband.Many thanks if you have read this far.
Babsie

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Mum and kittens

Postby Babsie » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:11 pm

Nobody has cone back to me so am guessing its an ongoing problem. As an animal lover I feel very sad but I have little choice but to abandom them whilst my husband us being treated
Babsie

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby babaracarson » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:32 pm

Hi,

I am sorry to say, if n0 one can help, capture them and have them euthanised. Its better than them suffering. This is the reality here. No RSPCA, Cats Protection etc. have you tried facebook, Suella Winston Big Reds.Everywhere inundated with kittens. Are there not any neighbours who could help while you are going through such a hard time. I stopped hand rearing stray/lost kittens as could not rehome. 14 was enough for me to cope.

Hope someone can help
babaracarson

Which part of Spain are you from?: los montesinos

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:37 pm

The moral of the story is, do not feed stray cats let's them fend for themselves and let nature take its course.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Terry the gardener » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:12 pm

It is not a stray cat ..it was the neighbours cat ? that is what I read ..
How could you even think of saying to Kill them ???
Terry the gardener

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:52 pm

Yes, you're right
Terry the gardener wrote:It is not a stray cat ..it was the neighbours cat ? that is what I read ..
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Rosie » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:10 pm

Terry the gardener wrote:It is not a stray cat ..it was the neighbours cat ? that is what I read ..
Rosie

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Rosie » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:16 pm

Rosie wrote:

You are so right Terry.
What a dreadful suggestion .
Rosie

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby babaracarson » Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:37 am

Sorry I did not mean to be horrible but have you seen the state of kittens left unvaccinated, aids, leukemia, calcivirus. Long lingering and painful deaths. I know, I have taken in many a stray and still do. Is the mother going to be neutered. Are the kittens going to be and vaccinated. The initial vaccination is the most key of all. Is this lady prepared to pay. Yes, if stray cats are neutered and regularly fed, watered and monitored by an authorised person, great. Let them live out their natural lives. Its the former owned cats that suffer most as they dont understand what has happened.
babaracarson

Which part of Spain are you from?: los montesinos

Postby TrishG » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:16 am

This is a sad situation. When people don't get their cats fixed it is often others who have to deal with the emotional stress of the cat over-population problem. The neighbour should have got her cat fixed. In a perfect world, shelters should only be necessary to home cats that have outlived their owners and not through abandonment or people not getting their cats fixed. The unwanted unfixed cats and their offspring suffer too, yet they didn't do anything wrong.
TrishG

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada