Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Correo Scam

Correo Scam

Postby Harry Epsom » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:50 am

Beware. I Received this email this morning, which looked very convincing, it says….
‘We were unable to deliver your package as no one was present to sign for the delivery’
️’We are here to inform you that we need an address confirmation to reconfirm the shipment of the package’
However, we weren’t expecting any delivery so I checked the sender’s email address. It was [email protected], and clearly not from Correo.
Fortunately I didn’t click on the link.
IMG_4574.png
Harry Epsom

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Re: Correo Scam

Postby The Eagle » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:15 am

I get several emails a week from 'Correos' and they go straight to my spam folder and deleted.

I always know when I have something coming with Correos because they are tracked, but people will still click on it even though they are not expecting anything.

Another scam is a message from Santander bank asking for confirmation of your bank account with some kind of warning, as we don't bank with Santander I always delete and block it, but I'm quite certain some people will reply even though they don't have bank with them. !!
The Eagle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Pete31 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:35 am

Harry Epsom wrote:Beware. I Received this email this morning, which looked very convincing, it says….
‘We were unable to deliver your package as no one was present to sign for the delivery’
️’We are here to inform you that we need an address confirmation to reconfirm the shipment of the package’
However, we weren’t expecting any delivery so I checked the sender’s email address. It was [email protected], and clearly not from Correo.
Fortunately I didn’t click on the link.

IMG_4574.png

Hi yes my wife seen this on face book a few days ago I told her to ignore it.
Pete31

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entra Naranjos

Postby carolandgraeme » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:39 pm

I had one weeks ago saying they couldn't deliver a package and they wanted me to pay an amount before they'd deliver it. Guess they wanted my card details.
carolandgraeme

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Barry martyn » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:50 pm

im in uk at the mo and keep getting spanish email spams , about deliveries .
l very rarely order on line

most since the formation of a new group of wifi suppliers
Barry martyn

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Richard.H » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:48 am

Frequently get emails about my bank account at banks I have never had any connection with asking to update my details,"yes of course I will " NOT !
Richard.H

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Graham_Lynn » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:17 pm

In my experience if Correos require money from you for charges, your postie collects the cash from you ( correct money only - no change given!). If you’re not in , then they’ll live a slip for you to go to the correos office.

Or they send a letter out by post, (signed for) requesting further information. They then advise it’s up to you to progress to the next stage, they do not send emails or SMS.
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby mandkv » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:51 pm

I'm getting a ridiculous amount of spam, many of which are related to non existent deliveries, banking or offers of sex.

The big give away for me, is referring to you by your email address, as opposed to your name,,straight in the bin they go.
mandkv

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby camionpilot » Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:47 pm

Or the one from NITFLIX starting "hello dear " saying my account is being closed for non payment ...lol :o
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada