Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Emptying Swimming Pools Into The Street

Emptying Swimming Pools Into The Street

Postby Mickey Braw » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:11 pm

Some few years ago my Poolman was warned by the Local Police that we would be fined if he continued discharging water from our pool into the street.
At the time we had a septic tank, hence we had to pay Aguagest €3000 to connect us to the main sewer plus the cost of digging across our garden to connect our pipe work to the street and so that the pool could drain into the sewage system.
Now day after day I drive around Quesada and literally see hundreds of gallons of water pouring out of various houses onto the streets. The water stands out, so obviously the powers that be MUST notice this and unless the rules have changed, are choosing to ignore it.
Has their been a change to the rules in this regard?
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Emptying Swimming Pools Into The Street

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:14 pm

People wash their cars on their drives, hose their terraces etc, I don't know anybody who has been fined. Opposite my house the neighbours pool flushes out onto the street. All these things as far as I know are still illegal.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Toonlass » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:26 am

Fortunately my pool is connected to the mains so no water flow from me but many in my area go directly onto the road. We were told that if there was a car accident because of the water flow the Police will charge the pool owner! How true that is I am not sure as fortunately I don’t know of any accidents because of this.
Toonlass

Postby Roy and Mo Williams » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:59 am

On about 6 occasions I have noticed this, and knocked on the door to inform the occupants, all but one have been that the pool has been topped up by the pool tap and then forgotten to be turned off, causing it to overflow and exit into the street, on one occasion the pool cleaner had left it on and the owners were in the UK, so it may be that is what you have witnessed also.
Roy and Mo Williams

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Suzzanne21 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:33 pm

At the side of our property we have a water sort of run off trench. Its actually in our grounds but the neighbour behind often floods it with water which then run into our road. As it comes through our property it looks like we are the culprits but we arent. The neighbour is Spanish so I am presuming he would know he shouldnt be doing it.
Suzzanne21

Postby Johnny » Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:34 pm

Hi all,
For your information,
I live in Quesada.
I have been stopped on two occasions by the police.
1 . Backwashing my pool into the street, and got a fire.
2. Pressure washing my pavement outside, got a warning for this and was told to stop now.
They said that anyone that deposits water out with the property and flows onto the street will be fined if caught.
As it’s against the law to do so which includes washing your car on the street.
Johnny