Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Speeding Fine!

Re: Speeding Fine!

Postby Darro » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:10 am

Curious how an insurance company knows about a speeding fine, do DGT automatically forward details of offences to them?

Never had a fine of any sort so don't know.

I'd expect offences/fines to show up in MiDGT under'Mis Multas' where you'd also see any loss of points although minor speeding offences do not carry a loss so not definitive.

Have you tried contacting Linea Direct to see if it's genuine and not a scam?
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Rhaphanidosis » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:48 am

When I saw the e-mail I thought something dodgy here, so phoned up Linea who confirmed it was from them. They then told me it was for speeding "somewhere", and the cost was 100 or 50 if paid within two weeks. Tried on line but apparently the site has been down for two weeks, so theres an hour of my life I,m not getting back. Tried the phone number 060 but too fast for my Spanish. Finally got my Spanish friend to do it for me by phone (060), so all sorted now. Thanks for your replies.
Rhaphanidosis

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:59 am

This just isn't right, and where is Marcliffes post?
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby rainbow54 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:04 am

Rhaphanidosis wrote:Just been informed by Linea Directa that I was speeding back in May and have been fined.

Q. How/where do I pay it?

Have tried on line but its a nightmare to prove I,m not a robot.

All information gratefully recieved. TIA.

Phone Linea Direct. We had the same problem a few years ago with a parking fine. We had driven up a street where only designated vehicles were permitted. We phoned Linea Direct and they told us what do, they were very helpful.
rainbow54

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Previous