Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Dry car wash

Dry car wash

Postby Mac3blade » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:07 pm

A few weeks ago someone on the forum recommended a dry car wash so I bought a bottle of it. I’ve used it in both cars, one silver and the other black. I can honestly say I’m flabbergasted at how wonderful a result I achieved. While my husband was relaxing and watching tv, I was outside vacuuming the car and then I dry washed it. It is gleaming and I am whacked but very pleased.
Thought I’d let the poster know that I took their advice and bought the AA bottle Cheers everyone.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Re: Dry car wash

Postby telmel » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:57 pm

I think it was me M

Re: Heatwave
Postby telmel » Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:45 pm

Mac3blade wrote:
Very keen to know about the car shampoo spray. That’s a good idea because the car isn’t dirty only dusty. Where could I buy it please?

I used to buy it at la zenia, the JML store but it closed a few years ago
So now i buy it online , amazon has it , although their prices are getting ridiculous lately
Have a look on Amazon es though, sometimes they have offers, JML is the best value, grease lightning, but they dont deliver to spain, i found my last buy online but i cannot find the order now
I think my last buy was from amazon.co.uk and i paid for delivery to spain, it worked out cheaper as i bought three and spains prices for the product were a lot more expensive
Leroy merlin do one but a little expensive as other outlets here in spain, i think online is the best value
I would never go back to using water, i use the waterless spray on my present vehicle and the last two i had and i dont miss the hard water stains i used to get, and the best thing is i spray the whole car, even the windows , spray on wipe off , so easy
In fact i have had a few comments with people asking me how i managed to get such a good shine on my old jalopy
And i dont wax, the spray wipes off with a brilliant shine and leaves a protecting film on the paintwork

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product-g ... -wash-2021

Funnily enough i took my old jalopy to refuel at our local self service petrol station where they have one person on duty to help last week, and while he was helping me fillup he remarked how shiny the painwork was on how he could see his reflection in it , when i told him i use waterless spray he commented he had not heard of it, but would now be getting some
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Postby Mac3blade » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:24 am

Thanks for the recommendation. To be honest it’s amazing and yes, the car is gleaming too. Old towels are perfect for the job as something has to take the dirt! The car wash at Habaneras used to charge a euro but it’s gone up over the years to €5 A bottle of this would pay for itself in no time at all. Our car in Spain is small so won’t be a difficult task. I’d hope to do it in about 5/10 minutes.
I’d need to order it or buy locally. Any suggestions?
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Paul M » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:30 am

You’d be better off using microfibre cloths rather than ‘old towels’
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Troxy » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:16 am

Could you please tell me the the name of the dry car wash, also where you bought it from.
Troxy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby pedrosloggett » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:38 am

I have used Showroom shine by Greased Lightning for many years. Our car is 10 years old and looks like new. You can feel the wax on it when done and I do all the exterior including the windows. Water just runs off. Can be washed several times with just cold water and finished with a leather before another aplication needed. Micro fibre cloths esential to stop scratching. I was scheptical at first but have removed serious grime in the past and left no marks or scratches.
pedrosloggett

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby JanBee » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:31 pm

Where can you buy this product please and what is it actually called? Sounds great!! Thank you!!
JanBee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa 2, Quesada

Postby Graham_Lynn » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:38 pm

JanBee wrote:Where can you buy this product please and what is it actually called? Sounds great!! Thank you!!

Showroom Shine by Greased Lightning is the product mentioned in the posts above.

Used to use it myself years ago , when it when it was sold on shopping telly

Lynn
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:42 pm

They may have it in the place just along the side turning by the arches that sells "As seen on TV" things
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby telmel » Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:21 pm

Mac3blade wrote:Thanks for the recommendation. To be honest it’s amazing and yes, the car is gleaming too. Old towels are perfect for the job as something has to take the dirt! The car wash at Habaneras used to charge a euro but it’s gone up over the years to €5 A bottle of this would pay for itself in no time at all. Our car in Spain is small so won’t be a difficult task. I’d hope to do it in about 5/10 minutes.
I’d need to order it or buy locally. Any suggestions?

I use amazon M, although their prices seem to be steadily increasing
I think i ordered from amazon.co.uk rather than amazon .es as it was on offer , and paid for delivery , but it worked out cheaper than from .es
Last edited by telmel on Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Next