Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Speeding Fine Payment Discount

Speeding Fine Payment Discount

Postby Wee Man » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:44 pm

Hi I've just returned from visiting family in the UK to find I have a speeding fine. It tells me I have 20 days to pay from me first becoming aware of the fine to receive a 50% discount. Unfortunately I have been away for almost50 days but as it states the 20 day grace should come into effect from when I saw the paperwork. Does anyone know of a process to pay the fine and still receive the discount given my situation.
Wee Man

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Speeding Fine Payment Discount

Postby Darro » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:33 am

Don't know but I don't think "first becoming aware of the fine" or "when I first saw the paperwork" could logically be stretched to include a delay due to returning to Spain after x weeks absence.

If you pay online it will tell you the amount and I don't think you will find any way to argue mitigation.

If there is an avenue I'm fairly sure the fine has to paid first and argument made after.

If it's a standard €200 fine with 50% discount for prompt payment you may want to carefully consider the potential cost of arguing a case which, ignoring the obvious stress and aggro, could easily end up with you being even more out of pocket!
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Wee Man » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:42 am

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.
I know it's a difficult one but I do have evidence of my flights out and in which would back up ihave only just received the letter.
Wee Man

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:23 am

Dontt think it will help you

Wee Man wrote:Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.
I know it's a difficult one but I do have evidence of my flights out and in which would back up ihave only just received the letter.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Wee Man » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:39 am

Thanks. Just going to pay at post office. Just thought someone may have came across the scenario before.
Wee Man

Postby Andrew Hardy » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:10 am

When I had one and paid at the post office, it wasn't just the 50%. There was a 5 ish euro tax too! And I could only pay in cash
Andrew Hardy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Darro » Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:40 pm

Wee Man wrote:I do have evidence of my flights out and in which would back up ihave only just received the letter.

A flight ticket or boarding pass proves only that you took a particular flight, for all anyone knows you could have returned the next day!

Was the letter signed for if so when and if under 20 days ago have you looked at paying online to see how much it is?
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Wee Man » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:15 pm

Hi just back from the PO. The 50% discount was applied plus a small admin fee. I can only assume the letter was delivered less than 20 days ago. Thanks for all your input. Much appreciated.
Wee Man