Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Rojales rubbish collection - from the Town Hall

Re: Rojales rubbish collection - from the Town Hall

Postby Graham_Lynn » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:16 pm

Blondemazz wrote:I hope this includes Quesada, the rubbish here is dreadful, much worse than other towns.

As the original post states the message has come from the ayuntamiento so covers the entire municipality of Rojales.
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby dewicymro » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:55 am

I agree with the general sentiment, but the Ayuntamiento has to do its bit too. There's not much point asking us to take recycling to another bin when all the ones around you are overflowing. I live on C/ Quevedo and our plastic recycling bin has been overflowing for a month, and so are the ones in C/ Sorolla, Av Recorral, Pl La Fiesta and Av Guatemala to name but a few. I reported it on Gecor a month ago and that's still at Stage 1, which implies that no-one has read it. I've been to the offices at Plaza Blanca each week for the last 3 weeks and *still* they have not emptied the recycling. It's a complete embarrassment.
dewicymro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Brewingdog » Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:55 pm

dewicymro wrote:I agree with the general sentiment, but the Ayuntamiento has to do its bit too. There's not much point asking us to take recycling to another bin when all the ones around you are overflowing. I live on C/ Quevedo and our plastic recycling bin has been overflowing for a month, and so are the ones in C/ Sorolla, Av Recorral, Pl La Fiesta and Av Guatemala to name but a few. I reported it on Gecor a month ago and that's still at Stage 1, which implies that no-one has read it. I've been to the offices at Plaza Blanca each week for the last 3 weeks and *still* they have not emptied the recycling. It's a complete embarrassment.

Very good post. Not everyone can take their rubbish to another bin on another street. The collection of plastic waste is a joke. Overflowing bins are a common sight. Plastic debris spread all about the streets. Can't understand why anyone when taking their plastic waste to the bin don't just put it in the general waste bin. They plonk it on the ground next to an obvious full bin. It isn't too long before it's blown away. Whoever is responsible for ensuring the rubbish is collected in a timely fashion is seriously under achieving. If the collections are done according to how many people are registered on the Padrón then they need to change the system.
Brewingdog

Which part of Spain are you from?: Salford

Previous